Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Camry/Camry Hybrid/Vista
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 01:50 PM   #1
Joklats
AF Newbie

Sunroof Assembly on 97 Camry

1997 Toyota Camry LE 6 Cyl 3.0L

The sunroof assembly on my 1997 Toyota Camry LE 6 Cyl 3.0L doesn't function, and is missing the glass panel+attachments. So, I have a hole in my roof that I'm covering with plastic at the moment. I bought a new assembly, but it didn't fit/wasn't compatible since it was for a different sub model of the same year/model and make. I have been unable to find a sunroof assembly that fits my vehicle, so I've been considering other options. The options I'm currently considering are: 1. Use some kind of adhesive to fasten a piece of sheet metal to underside of sunroof opening, then use body filler to fit with contours of the car, then paint. 2. Buy a sunroof glass panel that fits, then place it in the hole and use some kind of weatherproof sealant. 3. purchase an entire new roof for the vehicle and have it installed at a body shop (probably not worth it). 4. Find the proper assembly and get it installed. Any suggestions? My primary factors are money, appearance of vehicle, and time involved.
Joklats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 03:24 PM   #2
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Re: Sunroof Assembly on 97 Camry

A 97 Camry isn't worth much. If the sunroof from a same year Camry didn't fit then your assembly is likely aftermarket.

Option 1 isn't really even an option if you care about appearance. Option 2 won't even be viable. 3 isn't worth it in the least. You'd have thousands into that because of the labor involved. 4 is about your only option and being you're not even sure what you got it doesn't seem viable.
Old 06-27-2018, 10:05 PM   #3
Brian R.
Resident Chemist

Send a message via Yahoo to Brian R.
Re: Sunroof Assembly on 97 Camry

If there is a difference in the external dimensions, you may search in salvage yards for the correct size sunroof.

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate"
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Camry/Camry Hybrid/Vista