Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > MX-6
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
zoomx6
AF Newbie

Rear Disc Conversion

I have a 93 mazda mx6 2.0L (4cly) which only comes with rear drums(I'm pretty sure). I have been planning on doing a rear disc conversion. I figured I would wait until i needed struts and do it all at once .That time is now. Has anyone here done this? I know it has been done, I read something online but couldn't find a way to ask a couple Questions. I have been researching awhile and feel it should be a easy swap all things considering. My big questions are: What to do about the metering valve? Is it built into the proportioning valve ? Do I just replace mine with one off of a 2.5L(v6)? My second concern is with the brake hose fitting to the wheel clylinders Will mine thread directly into the calipers? Third, will the hub assembly including the backing plate and spindle bolt right to mine? I think it would from what I can tell. The problem is I can't find good photos of the rear disc brake and suspension. If anyone has some photos I would really aprreciate it (no diagrams please seen plenty already doesn't do it justice). I am going on a junk yard hunt for parts &info. I was just hoping to get a good idea of what I need ( shopping list) . Someone said I needed to replace the E brake connector. I am going to take photos and post them with directions on how do this mod when I 'm finish to help the next person.So any help would be much appreciated Thanks
zoomx6 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > MX-6