Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > Deville
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 06:11 PM   #1
Karlag24
AF Newbie

Cadillac DTS alarm

My alarm on my car went off and it shut my whole car down. I reactivated the alarm on and off again. I tried to start the car but it would not start. Where is the switch for this alarm? How can I turn my car back on once this has happened?
Karlag24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 08:16 PM   #2
paulproko
AF Newbie

Re: Cadillac DTS alarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlag24
My alarm on my car went off and it shut my whole car down. I reactivated the alarm on and off again. I tried to start the car but it would not start. Where is the switch for this alarm? How can I turn my car back on once this has happened?

I have exactly the same problem... with a 1991 deville. mine ocoured when i changed out the battery. the system powers up but when i try to start it, a few relays click and nothing. i bridged from the positive side of the battery to the starter and it works just fine. it fires once and shuts down. then it will not "pop" of a few until i cycle the key again. i think its the factory security system... i has no remote or alarm... more like the VATS is kickin in. any way to bypass this so the engine gets fuel and spark?? and the startre spins? or if I am way off base? I'd love to hear a simple solution to my problem.. so far this is the first similar problem I've come across.. thanks guys
paulproko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 05:55 PM   #3
Onblsht
Authorized Vendor

Maybe if you get a factory remote and program it to the car, it will turn off your security antitheft system. I'm not sure if you can cause damage by trying to bypass the system, but I doubt its doing any good for the car.
Onblsht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 01:24 PM   #4
paulproko
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Cadillac DTS alarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onblsht
Maybe if you get a factory remote and program it to the car, it will turn off your security antitheft system. I'm not sure if you can cause damage by trying to bypass the system, but I doubt its doing any good for the car.
Try a new remote first if you vehicle is equipped... The VATS (vehicle anti theft system) is a simple resistor in the key that makes contact with two brass spring loaded contacts in the ignition tumbler. These springs and contacts have a tendency to wear out. Considering the year of my vehicle and high mileage I made the decision to bypass the system rather than replace the rather expensive housing. To do this find the yellow or orange light gage wire set (2 small wires) that lead to the steering column from a point near the fuse block (under dash left). Then test your key with a multi-meter to determine the ohms of resistance in your key. Head to radio shack and purchase a resister with the same ohms value for .89 cents. splice the resistor to the two wires in the yellow or orange insulated shieth (Sorry, cant remember for sure right now what color, but its the only set of phone style wires) that head to the fuse block. this will trick the cars computer into thinking the key is in the ignition. hope this works for ya!
paulproko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:58 PM   #5
tcheema
AF Newbie

how I can open door panel dts 2000 drivers side
tcheema is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > Deville