Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > RX-8
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 11:33 AM   #16
Big_red16424
AF Newbie

Re: Just bought 04 RX8, Was this a mistake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saseelas View Post
Ok all, I am female and was just looking for a neat looking, fun driving car and just purchased a 2004 RX8 Touring with Navigation,etc. Am I in trouble?

After buying it (this last Saturday) I found this website and now I am starting to get paranoid. Reading about all the flooding problems and engine replacements on this site, was this a mistake. I will only be doing regular driving to and from work. No racing, etc. Was this a mistake to purchase it for this type of driving and does everyone have all these problems?

The mechanic I took it to, to check it out said it had two recall stickers on it but he didn't know what for. How can I find out and any tips for me as to driving this car daily so as NOT to have problems?

Please help. I had a 2000 Mustang that I loved but for some reason, decided to car shop, test drove the RX8 and bought it before finding out all of these problems you are talking about.

have all fluids changed immediately and run thicker oil, 10w30 or such.

Mazda has so many problems with this engine in the States because everywhere else they run the thicker oils and here they have to meet EPA reg's on gas mileage. run thicker oil, get slightly less gas mileage and save the engine.

They aren't bad cars but you have to run the thicker oil and they will run for practically ever. run the thinner oil they say to use here in the states and your going to be buying a new engine every 30k miles.
Big_red16424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:34 AM   #17
Big_red16424
AF Newbie

Re: Just bought 04 RX8, Was this a mistake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man422 View Post
You shouldn't have any problems as long as it was taken care of before you got it. If i could tell you one thing, make sure you check the oil often. These cars use a lot of oil. never let it get low. make sure to keep up with all maintanance. also, with the driving your doing, it should be FINE. Dont wory so much about it. Just have fun with it, its a SWEET CAR! congrats.

they use the oil up so fast cause its to thin for what the engine was designed to use.

run 10w30+ and you'll be cherry
Big_red16424 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > RX-8