Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorbikes Post topics for any "Works In Progress" motobikes projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 08:06 AM   #46
Roca46
AF Enthusiast

Re: Rossi in faith - M1 2005 Sepang

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyko2000 View Post
Let me try out the 3D CF later this weekend
I'm also impatient to see the result... very interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyko2000 View Post
That build let me... what a great job you did in that bike...

Roca.
Roca46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:16 PM   #47
racer93
AF Enthusiast

Hey Joe--

On your '04 M1 test bike, did you just use the TS kit, or did you make things for it, or both? I really like that bike, especially the "remove before flight" tag. Great touch.

I was looking through your website and noticed that there was a pic of Rossi's Subaru STi from the '06 Australian Rally. Where did you get that kit/decals? Also, do you have pics of the build? I wouldn't mind doing that one...

Daniel
racer93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:02 PM   #48
joeyko2000
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer93 View Post
Hey Joe--

On your '04 M1 test bike, did you just use the TS kit, or did you make things for it, or both? I really like that bike, especially the "remove before flight" tag. Great touch.

I was looking through your website and noticed that there was a pic of Rossi's Subaru STi from the '06 Australian Rally. Where did you get that kit/decals? Also, do you have pics of the build? I wouldn't mind doing that one...

Daniel
Hi Daniel,

Thanks brother~

On that 04M1, I used almost all the stuffs I could from Top Studio. And I had also got a lot of idea and learning from Top Studio in person too~ Thanks from him again!

In many different builds of M1 (or in other bikes like R211V), the major spot to recognize if TS kit is used would be the front cover attaching to the radiator. Tamiya didn't cater it at all. So if a bike has that cover, the only thank I can think of is that the TS kit is used.

In fact, I had a progress thread here in AF too for the Impreza WRC.
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=953586
And in my web site, you may check out in the Diary section and there will be almost all my recent builds including the Impreza WRC and the FW24 too~
Old 06-26-2009, 10:03 PM   #49
joeyko2000
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roca46 View Post
I'm also impatient to see the result... very interesting...

That build let me... what a great job you did in that bike...

Roca.
Hi Roca, please be patient for a few more hours~~
Old 06-27-2009, 04:53 AM   #50
Decs0105
AF Enthusiast

the exhaust looks stunning, great work!
Decs0105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:52 AM   #51
joeyko2000
AF Regular

So brothers,
here is my test on the new 3D decals...
http://www.joeyko.com/technique/tech004.htm
Old 06-28-2009, 01:52 PM   #52
ketje
AF Enthusiast

Looking good Joeko. What did you use for the rear axle and what where did you get the remove before flight sign?
Old 06-28-2009, 08:11 PM   #53
joeyko2000
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketje View Post
Looking good Joeko. What did you use for the rear axle and what where did you get the remove before flight sign?
thanks brother~

In that 04 M1, I used a copper tube from Wave as both axles. But later in this 05 M1, a recently new tuner has released pairs of axles for some MotoGP bikes. That is what is looks like in some of my previous pictures about the swing arms. I guess that axles are availabe for at least RC211V and M1, not so sure for Kawasaki and Ducati though.

For the "Remoce before Flight" tag, I remember I saw a very quick shot in TV before one of the race last year. and I decided to add this as a detail in that M1. You know, I do a lot of stuffs from Airplanes and AFV.... so that kind of tags are from Airplane models PE. It's from Eduardo. It comes in different scales, from 1:72 to 1:48 to 1:32. I just pick up one fitting in and I think it is 1:72 in this M1.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:21 PM   #54
joeyko2000
AF Regular

A little update for the weekend. I was partly painting a few AFV figures so I just didn't go far this week. (no hurry anyway)
After the 3D carbon test on the rear. I get back to the front. There is a intake "tunnel" molded with the main chassis that I think should be in CF. I saw some of the finished works put CF on it and some don't.
I think it make a lot of sense for some modelers not putting CF on it. Becox the air box would hardly been seen when the cover is on and it is just a very short part at the chassis and the front cowl should have cover most of it. Add to that the shape is not easy to handle too. So why putting effort to it?

Yes. This is what I was thinking and conflicting myself... But after all, I have put CF on the Air box and as a part of the air flow system, I think it is the same part to be honest. So I gave up being lazy and sit down and get a glass of water and do the work anyway....

After that (so much easily than the 3D CF anyway), I was ready to give the ntire chassis a coating and everything is now ready to be assembled.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:30 PM   #55
baldwinc
AF Newbie

I have just found this forum a few days ago and enjoying seeing the many builds, and of course I love seeing the step by step progress of bikes.

Last edited by baldwinc; 07-02-2009 at 11:40 AM.
baldwinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:27 AM   #56
Roca46
AF Enthusiast

Coming nice!

But which is the color on the frame? It looks like grey instead of black I suppose is the lighting of the photo.

We want to see more pictures!!

Roca.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #57
Fazer1006
AF Newbie

Nice work, looks like I will have to get some practice in with the carbon decals
Mark
Old 07-02-2009, 08:26 PM   #58
joeyko2000
AF Regular

baldwinc : Hi brother! Welcome to AF! Since 2004 that I have joined AF, this has been one of the few amazing Modeling forum I have ever visited! I have learnt so much amazing techniques and "know (I don't think I will be able to do it myself)" so many great tactics when dealing with different difficult scenerios. And there are so many masters here whom you would probably come across in modeling mags! So let's have fun here! Cheers~!

Roca46 : Yup. The frame is in matt black. But i added a little Gunze #211 into the paint to give a very little metalic tecture to it. I have a flat coat over and so the light may reflect a bit dull. Anyway, this is one of my purposes that I have a the flat coat to early in the progress.( I used to do it at the last step for my military kits) And as I will probably be touching doen the frame from time to time, the flat coating may well be "polished" by my fingers. And that is what I would like to achieve the semi-finish. Hope it works well in the end.

Fazer1006 : Hi Mark! CF is fun to get around! But I think I will have enough at this moment as I have gone though several kits that I NEED to apply CF decals in certain areas and I really have had enough! >_<
Old 07-06-2009, 02:39 PM   #59
baldwinc
AF Newbie

Reading some of the posts in this thread, I was interested in the discussion of the glossly CF parts on these bikes. Although I do not work with Carbon Fiber in my work, many people I worked with actually do and I have seen a lot of ways parts are manufactured. I am an aircraft technician by trade and modern aircraft use a lot of different CF.

The glossiness of finished part really depends on the mold that was used. A glass like finish can be made if the mold also is glossy. The clear resin is added to the fabric once it is in place. The part is then sealed and the air is drawn out mechanically which ensures no trapped air is inside the component. I have seen the same polished look to a part without actually being polished.

For any exterior parts on bikes and race cars, I am assuming extra measures are taken to provide and perfect finish.

Although I would not rule out parts being polished.

Very nice WIP

Salut
baldwinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #60
Roca46
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldwinc View Post
Reading some of the posts in this thread, I was interested in the discussion of the glossly CF parts on these bikes. Although I do not work with Carbon Fiber in my work, many people I worked with actually do and I have seen a lot of ways parts are manufactured. I am an aircraft technician by trade and modern aircraft use a lot of different CF.

The glossiness of finished part really depends on the mold that was used. A glass like finish can be made if the mold also is glossy. The clear resin is added to the fabric once it is in place. The part is then sealed and the air is drawn out mechanically which ensures no trapped air is inside the component. I have seen the same polished look to a part without actually being polished.

For any exterior parts on bikes and race cars, I am assuming extra measures are taken to provide and perfect finish.

Although I would not rule out parts being polished.

Very nice WIP

Salut
Wow... great explanation, thanks!!

How is this progress going Joeyko?

Roca

PS: Now that you mentioned aircraft I like those big jet airliners, also I made some model kits in 1/144 scale

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes