Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 12:51 PM   #1
street velocity
AF Newbie

amz performance

hey guys new to the web site and I was wondering if you could tell me how to get a hold of the z31 parts that were on amz web site before it switched to z32 only just whatever you can tell me would help me a lot in getting my z up and running the way i want
street velocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:38 PM   #2
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ
Re: amz performance

what parts are you looking for?
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:37 PM   #3
street velocity
AF Newbie

the high volume oil pump, the oil primeing system oil cooler most all of the preformance parts like pistons and rods there was other stuff i just cant remember what they were
Old 02-11-2008, 12:43 PM   #4
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

i see, well unless you're building a z31 that's making 6-700+hp then you won't need the upgraded oil pump.. the oil cooler can be found on ebay for much cheaper, and most of the bottom end stuff for the z32 will work for the z31. this can also be found elsewhere for cheaper.
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

Old 02-11-2008, 01:49 PM   #5
Tach_it
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Tach_it

I don't know too much about Z31 zs but the VG30DETT is almost identical to the damn Z32 and be careful from who and what you purchase from ebay because you surely can find some knock off bull shit.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:51 PM   #6
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

what do you mean? the z31 only came with vg30e/vg30et's in north america...
ZedEx Crew Member #6

Old 02-12-2008, 12:23 PM   #7
street velocity
AF Newbie

well my goal is about 400 to 500 and i would like to have the upgraded oil pump just to be safe be cause it will be abused alot and thanks for the tips on the other stuff but what about the oil priming system it was on the web site and i would like to have it im not sure thats what its called but it prevents dry starts with im guessing a small electronic oil pump i was wondering if you have heard of it and what about any web sites you know of that have a lot of good performance parts for the z31 thanks for your help
Old 02-13-2008, 12:26 AM   #8
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

i've never heard of the oil priming system for a z31 before... and i've never heard of the people making BIG hp using one before (see SATAN and steve88 on z31performance.com)

as for performance websites, http://www.z31parts.com/ has quite a few, not as much in the way of engine stuff, but a good overall idea. after that, ebay is your next best friend for most things.

check out www.88hybrid.com/forum and www.z31performance.com for z31 specific knowledge bases.
ZedEx Crew Member #6

Old 02-13-2008, 04:11 PM   #9
street velocity
AF Newbie

will all after market pistons and rods from the z32 fit z31s and any where have a good valvetrain im thinking the big jwt cams with the ferra valves but who carries good springs and retainers that will be good with the ferra valves
Old 02-13-2008, 04:27 PM   #10
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

i believe all will, as long as they're the turbo pistons for the lower comp... most people use z32 rods with z31 pistons, the only catch is the pistons must be from a w-series engine, and the wrist pin bore must be machined a little larger on the piston.however using both z32 rods and pistons should fix this problem.as for cams, don't waste your money on anything JWT. also, be weary of schneider cams... they're the cheapest and seem to have good grinds, but they've been proven to be unreliable (both in grind accuracy, and durability) i believe motorsportauto (msa) use schneider cams as well.

there will be a group buy for 'colt' cams going down on 88hybrid.com within the next few months, but the 'stage 2' grind is pretty weak so you might want to opt for a better grind. if you're up for spending JWT kinda money on cams, your best option would be to get them custom ground from a reputable machinist in your area.

http://www.xenonz31.com/camspecs.htmlschneider

springs however, are about the best bang for buck out there. they're a dual spring configuration that have a seat pressure of 110lbs, compared to the stock 54lbs, and the JWT 61lbs.

http://www.redz31.com/pages/headwork.html#springs

as seen on that page if you're upgrading your retainers as well, make sure as shit they're titanium and not aluminum.
ZedEx Crew Member #6

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)