Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-18-2002, 12:22 PM   #1
richs7
AF Newbie

Question New to the Forum and Question

I am new to this Forum and wanted to say hello as well as ask my first question.

I'm just returning to BMW ownership after several years without one. We will pick up a new 330i this Thursday and, since it has the Sports Package, I know that it will need four snows for the weather we have in Connecticut. I've often used the Tire Rack as well as our local tire dealer but wanted to ask the members about your experience and recommendations for snow tire brands and sizes. In the past I've had Conti Contacts, Gilslvad and Pirelli brands but wondered if there were other makes and models which have performed well for you.

I'd appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

Rich Lagasse
Old 02-19-2002, 09:09 PM   #2
pod13
AF Newbie

With the sport package you'll need 17'' wheels for those snow tires. I think there is ONE 16'' wheel that will just clear the brake calipers.

Here is a good discussion on tires.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=&threadid=971
pod13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 10:28 AM   #3
richs7
AF Newbie

Snow Tire Recommendations

Thanks for the response and link. From what I have seen thus far, including a search at Tire Rack, the Blizzaks and Michelin Alpines seem to be good choices. I think I will stay with a 17" wheel and have found several nice choices that will fit. The owner surveys have been positive on both tires but it's also nice to receive unbiased feedback from folks that have used them.

Thanks again and enjoy your ride.

Rich Lagasse