Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > IS200/IS300/IS350/Altezza
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 08:21 AM   #1
firelikeiya
AF Newbie

IS250/350 owners - I need your help!!

Hello,

I need help determining whether or not I have unibody damage from a recent accident. My wife was recently rear ended at a red light while trying to make a right hand turn. She was hit by a Lincoln Navigator. The damage looks mainly confined to the bumper but I did notice that the car appears to be tilted towards the driver side when looking at it from the rear. I measured each wheel from the fender to the ground and I got 26.5 inches for both front fenders and the driver side rear fender. On the passenger side rear I measured 27 inches. I checked with both a 1/4 tank of gas and a full tank of gas and the results were roughly the same. I believe the unibody was damaged. I was hoping that someone on here with a wreck free stock IS250/350 could measure their vehicles fender to ground clearance for comparasion. It would really help me when talking to the insurance adjuster. I have attached a picture that shows how I measured my car. The actual values dont matter so much due to different rim sizes and tires I really just want to know if there is a difference between the driver side and passenger side from the factory. I greatly apprceiate it!
measurement.jpg

Last edited by firelikeiya; 03-24-2011 at 09:50 AM.
firelikeiya is offline   Reply With Quote