Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > NSX
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 11:18 PM   #46
Scott 02
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Scott 02 Send a message via Yahoo to Scott 02
How many people actually have one of these cars. I have only seen one in my life. I guess the price acura/honda has on the car sets it apart from the rest. Maybe its insurance reasons or the one i always here is its looks. I agree this car has great looks.

Quote:
There's a very important difference between the statements "The NSX is not worth $88,000." and "The NSX is not worth $88,000 to me."
I've understood my own quote from the very beginning.
Old 02-06-2003, 11:32 PM   #47
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott 02
I've understood my own quote from the very beginning.
The point of communication is not to understand yourself, but to be understood by others.

And since you asked, yes I would take an NSX over a Viper. But that's me. :right:
Old 02-07-2003, 01:55 AM   #48
Tony_Ensemble
AF Enthusiast

The fact that you see so many Prosches on the road means that there are a lot more people in the world willing to dish out for a Porsche than a NSX. I think my car is number 77 from 1998. I dont remember how any they built but not too many. I'm not into American muscle, or at least was not into it in 97 when I bought the NSX. So my options were more limited: BMW M5, Porsche 911. I'm looking for the uncommon so I was drawn to the NSX. For lots of people who like the NSX they would say its the car that does nothing the best but does absolutely nothing wrong. Usually people want a car with an extreme. Like the fastest or the quickest or the best handling. The NSX is an all around consitent performer. Master of nothing. A funny reason to buy a car. But thats what I like about it. Still, i'm in the minority. But thats also what I like.
Old 02-09-2003, 04:47 PM   #49
chocks
AF Regular

It's a beauty that will last forever (I hope).
Old 02-10-2003, 06:49 AM   #50
enjoi
AF Newbie

Re: NSX Just 2 expensive!!

Quote:
Originally posted by WickedMethod
Who thinks da NSX is 2 expensive for it performance???

290 hp for $80,000 dat just crazy on a V6 too....... Honda can do better.......... U can Buy 2 vets for dat price with 400 Hp..... OR almost 3 S2000 wich only comes with about 40 hp less than da NSX.... and u could another $4,000 dollars to put an supercharger on da S2000 and you'll have more than enough power to take on an NSX..........FOR A FRACTION OF THE PRICEHonda should be getting about 350 form dat engine.... THey DOnt NEed a V8 .......... Dat's just a selling scam so people would buy it...........

I think Honda has 2 options:
1. MORE HORSEPOWER....LOTS OF IT....I think Da ACura RL makes more than NSX on wat is basically Da same engine

2. BRing da COst down so it can be competive.......
dont wanna know what u think of a skyline gtr... haha

didn't think soo...
Old 02-10-2003, 04:26 PM   #51
C32Bperformance
AF Enthusiast

Tony man, that was touching, lol jk. But definitely couldnt have been worded better.
Old 02-10-2003, 10:48 PM   #52
Tony_Ensemble
AF Enthusiast

Thanks C32! Feel free to use it any time you like.
Old 03-15-2003, 07:25 AM   #53
arthur12187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to arthur12187
I saw one last night at Boston Park Plaza. I was like wtf is that doin here in the winter where we just had a snow storm! i saw the owner though and asked him for a spin! It was silver. I took some photos though. I will post them asa i get it developed
Old 03-15-2003, 08:36 PM   #54
THE4TH
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to THE4TH
well yet another post for my 2 cents..

umm.. well yeah i agree it's got a high price tag.. but then again anything does to a colleg student.. lol
anyway ... even i know people don't buy cars cause they go faster.. if they did then everyone would own a mclauren.. but it ain't like that ..
you buy an nsx to have an nsx.. just like the s2k..
uumm... and to answer your comment way back .. yes there are millions of rich dudes who buy them just for the hell of it..
lol..
Old 03-18-2003, 09:45 AM   #55
Blitzen
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Blitzen Send a message via Yahoo to Blitzen
The NSX is NOT too expensive. If it was, then the price would have a margin within it on pointless things. With the current price, Honda/Acura do not make a profit, so the price is not expensive (and like I said, the cost is not covered). But if Acura/Honda do not make a profit, then why sell the NSX? Especially when people prefer Porsche and Ferrari.

However, the problem is that there is no bang for your buck. It is this factor, alongside others, that sells so many cars these days.

At the moment, there is a comparison between NSX, 911 and 360 - and guess what car is winning (well last time I checked) - well it is easier to say that NSX is losing. And why? Because of performance. When you pay for the price you are paying, you expect performance, especially when for the same price you can get a quicker, and luxurious - a better stock car, which is ten times better than an NSX. Thats what always bothers people, and nothing can make up for this.

PS I didn't have the time to structure my argument properly

Those who know the Evo 6 cannot explain. Those who don't know the Evo 6 cannot understand.
Old 03-18-2003, 11:48 AM   #56
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

I fully agree with the creator of this post, i do believe that the NSX is way over priced or at least has gotten over priced reciently. I have heard people saying that the expensiveness is from it's rarity. I somewhat agree with that. But when you are going to say you are paying for about 70% for rarity and only about 30% for any extravagant performance, i think that is just feeding Acura excuses. And if rarity is that much of an issue on the NSX a car that gets so much hype, this price tag for rarity should only be risen when production of this car has ceased. It is unfair to say we are raising the price of the car since they are rare, EVEN though, we are still producing them. I think alot of the NSX is looks. And of course it could prob beat a supra stock, i would expect a 80thousand dollar car to beat one around 50k. Rarity should not be the main factor in determining price. Performance should be. Everyone has their preferences, as a matter of fact, i love the looks of this car myself. But the truth is, when the s2000 has a better power to rate ratio and only 50 less hp which will soon be only 30 less when the power gets a 260 bump on only a 4 cylinder! People should expect more from this car. Another thing, you know the new Nissan 350z HAS ONLY 3 LESS horsepower STOCK (V6)!!! than the NSX and with a bit better gas mileage. Obviously little heavier but no kidding, it's 52,000 dollars less. This is just my take, i respect anyone who loves and enjoys this car and encourage them to continue doing so. but that is just my take on the NSX and it's value.
Old 03-19-2003, 08:17 AM   #57
Fliquer
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Fliquer
As of right now, most invoice prices on NSXs are between 70k and 80k. They depreciate like crazy tho. You can find one with 60k miles on ebay for less than 40k. For that price I would go with the M5 since its incredibly rare.
Urethane bushings in all control arms and subframe
Cone Filter
Next up: LSD

RIP #05
Old 03-19-2003, 11:25 AM   #58
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Fliquer
As of right now, most invoice prices on NSXs are between 70k and 80k. They depreciate like crazy tho. You can find one with 60k miles on ebay for less than 40k. For that price I would go with the M5 since its incredibly rare.
I do agree, i looked on ebay too and found some for suprisingly reasonable prices, it's just finding any with anywere less than 100,000 miles is really difficult
Old 03-19-2003, 11:32 AM   #59
endlesskev86
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to endlesskev86
seriously dude.....
NSX is not crap... and what u said is bull-shit about how if u "mod" other cars u can beat a "Stock" NSX.... well that is a crock of shit! if u want to compare two cars... then compare them while they are stock cars... not with "mods"....
Also, look at JGTC for example.... there is the ARTA NSX that is "god"...
how come i dun see any ITR or civic in JGTC??

there is a fuckin reason!!
AF OG Dori crew (member #5)

Altezzas: It only looks good if you have the FULL car, not just the LIGHTS!! grinyes:
Old 03-19-2003, 11:53 AM   #60
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by endlesskev86
seriously dude.....
NSX is not crap... and what u said is bull-shit about how if u "mod" other cars u can beat a "Stock" NSX.... well that is a crock of shit! if u want to compare two cars... then compare them while they are stock cars... not with "mods"....
Also, look at JGTC for example.... there is the ARTA NSX that is "god"...
how come i dun see any ITR or civic in JGTC??

there is a fuckin reason!!
... Oh, male PMS. And you obviously don't know what Supras and Skylines or and even 300zx's which are way less are capable of. You could get them to over a 1000hp and watch them tear up any NSX, even though u dont need one to be 1000 hp to do so. (With around 900hp you would be running mid to low 9's without nitro, while the NSX is running 14's) And what is even the point of comparing them stock for stock when the NSX is many thousands more. If you put the amount of money into a supra that would amount to the price tag of an NSX you would def. have a much faster car than any NSX period. First of all, unlike alot of supercars, the NSX doesn't even use all wheel to rear wheel drive transfer for better starts. And who said the NSX was crap? i don't remember saying that. I think it's an awsome looker, but should be expected to perform better with an 88k price tag, 290hp, R U KIDDING ME. The fact that it is a V6 doesn't bother me in the least, but no turbos, superchargers, nothing, just 290 horsepower on a 3.2 liter honda engine for 88k. Oh, yea, and your girlfriends' fine

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > NSX