Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #16
Black_Blade
AF Regular

Re: Locating vacuum leak for cruise/ac issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Stewart View Post
Well cancel that, the Mode Control and Blend Door/temperature control are operated by electric actuators on an '03.
Thanks for that info Chris, so I can look elsewhere for my ac issue then. My blower directs air whereever I select. From all reading been doing, I suspect its just a case of the system having low pressure, for I can jump start the compressor, just gonna save up for some manifold gauges and a vacuum pump and check the system out.
Must be coincidence that ac and the cruise are gone on fritz..?
Old 09-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #17
bignoisey
AF Regular

Re: Locating vacuum leak for cruise/ac issues?

I've detected vacuum leaks successfully using the spray parts cleaner method. Its amazing how just a small leak causes the engine to idle higher. You might try measuring the vacuum on the line to the cruise servo with a vacuum gauge on some kind of T-fitting with the line connected then disconnected and plugged. If there is a great difference there is probably an internal leak in the servo.
I have ordered many parts from rockauto.com and they usually have the lowest prices, most complete inventory, and they do ship internationally (from the US).
Also, the AC compressor will not usually engage if the refrigerant pressure s too low. There are low cost gauges sold that work like simple tire gauges. But if you add refrigerant, be careful not to add more than one can of the kind containing oil. I had too much oil in mine and the thing would cycle on and off constantly which is hard on the compressor clutch. Hope this helps.

Last edited by bignoisey; 09-12-2013 at 11:07 PM. Reason: forgot the last part
bignoisey is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10