Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 09:25 PM   #16
james kremer
AF Newbie

Re: no fuel

Well I installed both the map sensor and the ignition module today. Code 34 is no longer present. Started and stopped truck for what seemed like 50 times and problem no longer seems to exist.
Thanks too all that replied.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:53 AM   #17
[iV]Kermit
AF Regular

Hey ~ This post was pretty informative. My 94 Trooper started to do the same exact thing as mentioned in this post about a week ago:

Started up fine, drove it around to run some errands, then nothing would happen. The vehicle would not start. Let it sit a couple of hours and started up fine.

I'll get back to you guys and see if this solved my issues too.
[iV]Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:44 AM   #18
atfdmike
AF Regular

The fuel pressure regulator is often credited with slow to start problems, or rich running conditions. If you remove the vacuum line and there is gas in the vacuum line, then the regulator has failed the engine is getting more fuel than it should. If the vacuum line is clear of gas then the best way to check is for fuel pressure leakdown. You have to put a guage on the fuel rail and watch the fuel pressure after the vehicle is turned off. If the pressure drops a lot right away, then either an injector is leaking or the regulator may be . Odds are the regulator, and it is easier to change than an injector. Hope this helps. One owners opinion.
atfdmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:01 PM   #19
trooperbc
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by james kremer
Well I installed both the map sensor and the ignition module today. Code 34 is no longer present. Started and stopped truck for what seemed like 50 times and problem no longer seems to exist.
Thanks too all that replied.
did you do any checking inbetween installations, like install map sensor and test and then ignition module or vice-versa to isolate if one or the other was the culprit?

thanks

//bc

i love a good intermittent electrical challenge. . .especially when it's someone else's.
trooperbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:49 PM   #20
james kremer
AF Newbie

I replaced the map sensor first, but still had the problem. After changing the ignition sensor I havn't had any re-ocurring fuel related problems.
Starts like a champ and seems too run better than before. Only problem now is that the wife really likes driving the truck, and I'll get stuck with the Sunfire.... Thanks again (I'll be back)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard