Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Locations (USA, Canada, Asia, etc...) > Central US
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Central US Texas, Michigan, Chicago, Kansas, etc...
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 01:36 AM   #1
aphex301
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to aphex301
top speed chicago

hey chicago guys,

Ive been hearing about these suburban shops that are around, but not the place i go to. I live in the city and have been going to a place called topspeed(topspeedchicago.com), a name that i have yet to see on the boards. I have had to spend at least 700 dollars there, and i can say that they have good products at reasonable prices. The owner, joey, is a good guy too. he hooked me up with a good quality r34 bumper for 150 after buying the side skirts and a rear bumper. Hes hard to talk to at first becuse he has an rough(lack of a better term) asian accent, but after awhile you can understand him(very hyper guy).
Has any one else on the southside gone to top speed to get their shit? or even a better question, has anyone ever gotten stuff installed, or motor work there?

And for the people out there who dont know about the shop its on Archer Ave Between Halsted and Ashland. Its notorious for having joeys blue r34 skyline GTR parked in front of the shop.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:05 PM   #2
Ones&zeros
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Ones&zeros
Thumbs up

cool place been there once, lots of stuff and they special order too. i have only seen the skyline on their web site though.
Ones&zeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 05:43 PM   #3
SOHCD16y8
AF Newbie

Good shop, lots of parts. The guys who work there know what they are talking about.
SOHCD16y8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 06:52 PM   #4
ReactionVinyls
AF Newbie

Yeah I've been to top speed a a few times. Thats the place to go to get rims and tires for $800 bucks.

1991 Honda CRX - 20+ @ 70 kph? (NEEDS ALOTTA WORK!)
ReactionVinyls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 07:41 PM   #5
Ones&zeros
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Ones&zeros
Re: top speed chicago

just recently went there, they had headers for the 91 civic $200 and about 300$ for the ss ones. i should visit that place more often.
Ones&zeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 05:35 PM   #6
TopSecretHatch
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to TopSecretHatch Send a message via Yahoo to TopSecretHatch
top speed

ive been to topspeed a lotta times, and i know the people that work there. Nice guys... cept for joey.. he can be a dick if you arent there to buy stuff that same day. And ive seen a lot of the stuff they sell on ebay for like half the price... not hatin' or anything.. just what I noticed. The rims are a good deal tho.. thats where i got mine.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:46 PM   #7
darksparkz
AF Newbie

Was googling around for the Skyline R34 and found upon this thread.

I know Joey, he's my uncle on my mom's side. Its actually a pretty good shop, talk to Yujinn or Joey himself, Joey would usually be lenienton prices and such since he owns the place and all.

He now has a Silvia S15, same color as the Skyline too, haven't gotten pictures of that yet though.

His website, rarely updated, but address and stuff works:
www.topspeedchicago.com
darksparkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:32 AM   #8
europimpin
AF Newbie

i love top speed great place ive been tuning cars for the past tens of my years of my life and i find the best deals and the best quality if not decent quality stuff their obviously they dont have everything but all the stuff they do have is prolly the best deals around better than ebay
europimpin is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Locations (USA, Canada, Asia, etc...) > Central US