Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corsica
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 08:47 PM   #1
corsica_speakers
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to corsica_speakers
Corsica Speakers

First of all, I need to find the speakers on my '96 Corsica. I know where the back two are behind the seat. I just need to know about the other two(four?). Also, if I need to take off my door panel, please let me know. As you have probably already guessed, I have no knowledge of speakers and electronics in cars. If there is any advice you can give me, please do so. Thanks to anyone who takes up my question.
corsica_speakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 10:35 PM   #2
The Rev Cherrycoke
AF Newbie

Front speaker location

The front speakers are located on the outer floorboard section next to your feet.Remove 2 screws at top and carefully pull up and out it will come out with the speaker attached to back.
The Rev Cherrycoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 01:12 PM   #3
corsica_speakers
AF Newbie

Re: Corsica Speakers

Okay, I have bought some new speakers for my car. They're 6x9's and I need a little help in installing them. I need to know stuff like what I will need as in hardware: pliers of some sort, etc. If someone can give me detailed instructions on what I need to do, please do so. Thanks Cherrycoke, and anyone else who helps me out.
Old 03-07-2004, 02:07 PM   #4
quaddriver
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to quaddriver Send a message via MSN to quaddriver Send a message via Yahoo to quaddriver
Re: Re: Corsica Speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsica_speakers
Okay, I have bought some new speakers for my car. They're 6x9's and I need a little help in installing them. I need to know stuff like what I will need as in hardware: pliers of some sort, etc. If someone can give me detailed instructions on what I need to do, please do so. Thanks Cherrycoke, and anyone else who helps me out.
front speakers are 4x6 units in the kick panels, rears are 6x9s, when installing new ones, cut the rear dash lid and use the grilles to get better sound, and bolt them, dont usethat goofy clip system - which wont work with bigger 6x9s anyways.

also, the stock speakers are 8-10ohms, if you use modern car speakers they are 4ohm, you will need to change the deck also
quaddriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 09:58 PM   #5
corsica_speakers
AF Newbie

Hey, quaddriver, I know when I said I needed detailed instructions, I meant that I needed very detailed instructions. But that's probably not what everyone else got from it. I won't take your advice for granted, but can you get me some step-by-step instructions on how to take the others out and install my new ones? I've heard of tools like crimpling pliers and stuff like that. Can you give me a heads up on that too? Thanks, quaddriver and anyone else who helps me.
Old 03-19-2004, 10:05 AM   #6
gormand
AF Newbie

For rear spearkers, unhook or cut the wires from underneath. Then you can either cut the shape outlining the old spearers out of the dash cover or pull back the whole dash cover (this may require removing some of the plastic interior molding in the back seat area). The angle to get the screws out are horrific you will need a stubby screw driver or one of those small "S" shaped screw drivers and patience. The factory speakers are 6 x 8 not 6x9 so you will have 3 or four options to install (assuming you refuse to buy mounted enclosures). The simplest and probably the worst way (but still the way I did it) was you can still mange to line up 3 of the four holes on the speakers which if you use a little foam lining tape still sounds fine at least under 50 watts. re place the dash and moldings. attach the grills if you cut holes in the dash then splice or solder the wires onto the new speakers under the dash. The front ones as mentioned are in the kick panels but the depth is rediculously shallow for replacement speakers so be careful of the magnet and cone size or you will have trouble making replacements fit or may not get them to fit at all without customizations.
gormand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 11:57 AM   #7
chrisgavlik
AF Newbie

there is a write up for this on www.corsicas.com message board
chrisgavlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 09:15 AM   #8
SiouxGuy605
AF Newbie

How do I remove the rear dash cover to get to my speakers without cutting into it? Do I take off my backseat? If so. HOW?
SiouxGuy605 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corsica