Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 05:29 PM   #1
big_blazer_05
AF Newbie

turn signal wont stop ticking even after light goes off!

i have a 98 blazer and all over a sudden i turned on the turn signal, then i turned, turn signal went off adn everything like normal but it just wont stop ticking! its driving me insane. sometimes it will go off for a while but i wiggle the lever and everything and it wont do anything. what should i look for? how can i fix this. i looked on the internet for awhile now and havent found much but i did find a place that said there is a recall for this. is that true. i looked up recalls but i couldnt find it. can someone please help me? thanks alot
big_blazer_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 05:50 PM   #2
comp
AF Regular

probably a short in the colum, not sure you need to find the fuse it's on
and pull it when you park for any length of time.. you could come back
to a died batt. or your wiring burned
comp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 06:39 PM   #3
big_blazer_05
AF Newbie

sorry, i must not have explained well enough. it only happens when the key is on. it doesnt have to be running, as long as the key is in the on position it will do it. could it be in teh relay? or iv heard there is something in or behind the glove box? thanks
Old 01-22-2004, 07:49 PM   #4
comp
AF Regular

i can't think (i ain't a pro)of anything else but the turn-signal switch,
may-be one of the GM tech's will see this post
comp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 02:56 PM   #5
big_blazer_05
AF Newbie

Re: turn signal wont stop ticking even after light goes off!

after just sitting and listening to it today.. it keeps ticking and it comes from behind the glove box. it will tick a few times, then stop for a little while and then start again and sometimes it does it for along time and sometimes it doesnt the turn signal seems to trigger it. it will keep ticking after i use the turn signal but it usually just does it without touching the turn signal. any advice?
Old 01-25-2004, 04:37 PM   #6
tblaze
AF Newbie

Re: Re: turn signal wont stop ticking even after light goes off!

I am having the same problem. I changed out the flasher module under the glove box, but it did no good. I still have the clicking noise. I am at a real loss, any ideas out there?
tblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 11:30 AM   #7
Brokebyford
AF Newbie

Talked to a friend that is a blazer diehard and he said chevy is having this problem on the late 98 and early 99 blazers.It is caused by a short in the control module unit that includes the multi-function lever and emergency flasher button.This unit needs to be replaced as a whole but he assured me that replacing it will solve your problem.
Brokebyford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 12:14 PM   #8
jmartin7
AF Newbie

Hey Brokebyford

Perhaps your Blazer die-hard friend can help us that are trying to keep our toes from freezing off. See the posts at subject: "Help With Heater circuit."

Seems that several of us have similar problem with heater controls, with a common symptom...select floor and air blows from defrost, but not floor.

Thanks in advance for your help.
jmartin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 12:21 PM   #9
Brokebyford
AF Newbie

Check the attached link it might help http://www.coolprofits.com/articles/...acuum_line.htm It is for a/c but will help to find a vacuum problem.You should also check the blend door for obstructions like leaves which have a habit of getting into unfortunate places.
Brokebyford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 02:03 PM   #10
jmartin7
AF Newbie

Thanks Brokebyford

Best tip I've seen so far. The linked article is fairly detailed, and should be a great help. I'll post the link in the forum pertaining to the heater problem....maybe we'll hear of some success stories. Many thanks.
jmartin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 08:34 PM   #11
spearfish8
AF Newbie

I have a 98 blazer with the same problem. I took it to the dealership and was told I needed a new turn signal switch, and ignition switch. After dropping $900 for this repair, the turn signal stopped making the noise. Is there really a recall out for this problem? If anyone knows of one, please let me know - I'd like to get some of my money back!
spearfish8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 03:32 PM   #12
big_blazer_05
AF Newbie

ok. thanks alot for the info. this is driving me insane though. does anyone know where i can get the part i need? or for short term period what can i do to make the noise go away? i looked at gm parts direct adn they didnt have anything like it.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:30 PM   #13
tblaze
AF Newbie

Big Blazer 05,
don't leave me high and dry, if you end up fixing yours let me know how. I have been to a number of BB's and I see this is quite a common problem. Unfortunately everyone seems to have a different solution. Here is what happens: The flasher control module under the glove box, makes a sound just like the blinker is on. No turn signal lamps or dash indicators or on while this is happening. It sometimes is making the noise all the time and sometimes it is very sporadic. All my turn signal and 4 way lamps and dash indicators work when I turn them on.
thanks all
tblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 01:28 AM   #14
blazed1981
AF Newbie

mine does this same thing except my left turn signal sticks and just keeps ticking i too would like to know what the problem is
blazed1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 06:29 AM   #15
big_blazer_05
AF Newbie

i am going to take the entire assembly out and see if there is anything obviously wrong with the signal assembly. then if there is nothing to fix on it then i will just put in a new one (they cost alot) so it will probably be awhile before i can get it fixed. but when i try it i will let u all know
thanks alot