Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Venture
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 03:26 PM   #1
Buckaroonewf
AF Newbie

99 - Radio, No audio

Hey all,,, I did a cpl lil searches but came up short on anything.

Subject: 1999 Venture - LS, Premium sound (the cd player with rear radio controls)

Stock configuration worked but was horrible in sound.

Me: worked on many-a-vehicles for 35yrs

I replaced all the speakers (4 = 6.5") with new Fosgates. I dbl checked all +/- connections, everything. I didn't want to have to R&R the panels again.

I decided to just get a nice Head unit (Android). So I remove the old delco unit and hook up the new one. No audio, not even a blip, static, nothing... I checked all wiring again. Even used an aftermarket harness mated to the factory one, to make sure wiring was dead on.

I decided to change back to the old unit to maybe see if it was a new, but dead unit. Bang!! No audio out of the old unit... I had unplugged the aftermarket harness and connected the original back up to it.

I can't find a(n) factory amp, wiring diagrams for the BCM connector seem to be impossible to find for the '99 .

All fuses are good. I took out almost every fuse on the vehicle and stuck them back in after having disconnected the battery completely, etc..

Everything else in the vehicle still works! Just no audio out of either the old or new unit.

I'm at a loss.... Only thing I can remotely think of, is that I put in LED bulbs on everything. Used the load resistors to stop the hyper flash. Even the lighting circuits seem perfect.
Buckaroonewf is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Venture