Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Aveo
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 09:52 PM   #1
david76
AF Newbie

Angry radio problems - no sound

Hi, I just bought a 2004 Chevy Aveo Sedan. The radio is am/fm only - no CD. Radio needed code when I bought it and thanks to this forum, I found codes to try and unlocked it. Radio tunes and has all lights but no sound. Thought fine, I'll just put in an after market Kenwood AM / FM / CD. This unit also lights up, CD spins, and again, no sound. I had Best Buy test the Kenwood. I am using a Daewoo adapter for the wiring and all wires appear to match up. No idea what to try next. HELP!!!
david76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:26 PM   #2
TimSH
AF Newbie

Re: radio problems - no sound

Have you tried hooking anything else up to the speakers to see if they're even wired up? It's entirely possible that the original owner did something strange/stupid and took whatever system they had in it out and put the OEM radio back in before selling. They may have also disconnected the speakers or re-connected things back incorrectly when doing that. Why or how exactly, I can't say, but don't underestimate the stupidity/ignorance of anyone...
TimSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:43 AM   #3
mikedudley17
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to mikedudley17

yup, run thru ur fuses, double-triple check ur connections, see if there are any loose or disconnected wires in the dash, and check ur speaker connections. follow every wire, check ur wires with a volt meter to make sure there is current... let us know how u do!
Old 04-04-2008, 11:00 PM   #4
david76
AF Newbie

One of the speaker wires has a short. Didn't have a lot of time to check things, so I ran a new pair to the back and the system works. At some point in time I will check each pair of speaker lines to try to determine which are shorting out.
david76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 09:05 AM   #5
Mcampbell8090
AF Newbie

I have a 2006 Aveo. When I bought the car used, the radio worked fine. One day I get in, start my car and the lights on the radio are very dim. Couple days later the lights go out completely and have not worked since. I still had sound until about a month or so later the sound stops working. I can sit in my car and NOT have the key in the ignition and hear the speakers randomly making the sound as if they were trying to put out sound. It's the craziest thing. I have checked the fuse and even tho it appeared to be good we changed it with a new one and still nothing. I have read about how it may need a code but there is absolutely no lights that come on nor any indication i need this code, couldn't see display to even add a code if I wanted too. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I hate not having my music. Yes I could go purchase a new stereo however I'm hoping to save some money if at all possible. Hoping this can be just a simple fix. However I'm thinking it's not going to be. Thank you in advance. I noticed these other post are back in 2008 I sure hope someone on here can help me
Mcampbell8090 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Aveo