Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Dealer Experiences
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Dealer Experiences If you want to brag or complain about the deal or the service you got, this is the place.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 12:10 AM   #16
tom3
AF Enthusiast

Re: CarMax secrets...shhh...its [CLASSIFIED]

Figure they buy them at the auction. Usually cleaned up nice when sold and they probably put them straight on the lot. Have no idea what the car needs and don't care.
tom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 09:08 PM   #17
vwracer14
AF Enthusiast

i have a pretty good carmax story.

a few weeks ago i went to the local carmax(in memphis).when i walked in there was a toyota sitting in the lobby(didnt look bad),and they had a picture showing the car had been wrecked,and how they could fix it but wouldnt sell it because its their standards

so i go out and i walk past a new bettle(look at the sn)

and the hood had a BIG paint run.after hearing that load of bs about not selling wrecked cars i asked a salesman about it

HE TOLD ME IT WAS A FACTORY DEFECT and could be bufed out

so i told him nevermind and left.i dont think im going to buy a car there any time soon
vwracer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:16 PM   #18
directory
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwracer14
i dont think im going to buy a car there any time soon
i'm thinking the same thing....

SKYWARN

we be clubbin'

--B
directory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:17 AM   #19
harrymay
AF Regular

what i did was go to them with every little problem you can find. I went in there with a page full of issues that i had found. they fixed all the important ones and the others were ok since the car was aged.

i did find it rediculous however. As i said the drivers door lock wasnt working as it should, it used to have a port installed alarm, but it wasnt working and the remotes were missing. They replaced the door lock actuator but it still wouldnt work, no they say that it is due to the alarm not working, i mentioned that i wanted to get an aftermarket one with remote start and they told me to go do that and it should fix it.

They took my car from me on the fifth day so that i didnt return it. im never going to buy another car from carmax ever.

Mooninites Unite! Quad Laser!!!
harrymay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:50 AM   #20
directory
AF Enthusiast

what do you mean by-- they took your car?

did they repo it?

SKYWARN

we be clubbin'

--B
directory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:20 AM   #21
harrymay
AF Regular

no they took my car in to fix it. i had to fight for a loaner car though, im only 20 and they said they couldnt do it. they did

i was going to take the car back to them, but they wouldnt give me a loaner again. so fu}k them. im sick and tired of their crap.

Mooninites Unite! Quad Laser!!!
harrymay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:33 AM   #22
highhobbies
Banned

I wouldnt trust carmax, they are just a bigger small used car dealership. Buyer beware.
highhobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 11:05 AM   #23
fredjacksonsan
Caution: Monkeys bite!

Send a message via AIM to fredjacksonsan

A used car is a used car. No matter where you get it, change all the fluids when you get it - then you will KNOW when they were changed and that the correct fluids were used.
fredjacksonsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 12:37 AM   #24
Officer Redneck
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Officer Redneck

I don't care where I buy a car, I always get an oil change replace the air filter and other usual maint. as soon as I get the chance.

" Idon't know how many of them it would've taken to whoop my ass, but I knew how many they were gonna use. Thats a handy little piece of information to have right there." "Ron White"
http://www.myspace.com/officer_redneck
Officer Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:00 AM   #25
C2Z06
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to C2Z06

My '01 Altima was bought 14months ago from Carmax. It had 13,400 miles on it. Kept the "maintenance logs" from the previous owner in it. It had that old man smell with the strong deoderant smell and strong cologne. In my mind I'm thinking, this car's barely been driven and has been well kept. Price was $8,400! What a deal I thought. Well it got cold. The car wouldn't start in the cold. My wife and I figure it had low miles because it wouldn't start in cold weather!

Warranty was gone do to age. Carmax pretended we didn't exist. Local dealership did all sorts of stuff and "fixed" the cold start problem. Morning after we get the Altima back from the shop. It won't start. Back in it goes...they finally link it to the factor and find the computer's defective. Car has just over 17,000 miles and the stinking computer's defective. It get's replaced and I pay nearly $1k total for repairs. The car won't stay aligned more than 2months. The right CV joint needs replacing. Current miles is 23,000. The passenger window regulator was replaced. Sometimes all the windows stick to the rubber it slides in and you can here the motors straining to get them unstuck. She'll be paid off here within a year. Thinking of replacing it with an Outback.

I had 2 Sentra and both died with roughly 200k on them and only because some other person hit the cars and totaled them and not because there were any problems. I've heard that the newer Nissans were crap from a few. Now I believe it.

I refuse to buy another Nissan. I refuse to buy from Carmax again.
C2Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:26 PM   #26
zzyzzx2
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractorboy
THEY PROBABLY SPEND MORE ON POLISH THEN ANYTHING ELSE.
They are also expensive. I have seen 6 -7 year old cars that they were selling for about 70% of their originall price.
I agree. They are overpriced even by used car dealer standards. they are a great place just to test drive a bunch of different types of cars if that's what you want to do.
zzyzzx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:05 PM   #27
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Please check the date of the last post in the thread and avoid replying if that date is longer than 3 months from the current date.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:49 PM   #28
dale919
AF Newbie

I'm sixty and have purchased my share of cars. We bought a three year old low mileage Lexus in Sterling, VA. It was literally the best car purchase experience I've ever had... new or used. So far no problems.
dale919 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Dealer Experiences