Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Dealer Experiences
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Dealer Experiences If you want to brag or complain about the deal or the service you got, this is the place.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 08:03 PM   #1
NewToCars35
AF Newbie

Angry Just last week

So I walk into the dealer (I wont mention brand) and I had already called and looked in advance to check price and style of car. It was a nice car for my price range and the guy was giving me a good deal even with sun roof! So I we talked about and printed a price and I told him I had to go think about it. Two days later I go back to test drive and sign the deal. When I got there I decided I was going to buy it ANDDDD I was going to get NO sun roof. So Im thinking I going to get a better price. I did my magic on the guy to get a lower price and as usual they have to go "talk to the manager". Then guess what? They did some sort of bait and switch! Apparently the car never got the PDI test or something like that so even without the sunroof it was going to cost 50 bucks a month extra! So I get pissed and call him out on trying to pull a fast one on me. Then the manager comes out, goes off about how Im a valued customer this and that. Tells me hes gonna go into his office and get "the best price ever". Comes out finally and knocks like 10 bucks off. WOW good for you man. After an hour of arguing I told him Id go to another dealer for the same make and model and I can bet Ill get a better price. And I walked out of there, called another dealer, he gave me a better price and I signed!
NewToCars35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 02:15 AM   #2
liya_leacree
AF Regular

Re: Just last week

The selling work is more complex than we can image. There are so many traps or sounds like"selling skill". As a smart customer, we can have to select trust brand to depend. Good luck for both of us.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:30 AM   #3
liya_leacree
AF Regular

Thumbs up Re: Just last week

Thanks for your post, then i know the PDI test of car. Unluckily, i never knew it when i bough my car....it is a pity. Anyway, my car runs well till now.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Dealer Experiences