Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 03:50 PM   #1
Moe Norman
AF Newbie

2004 Pathfinder Shifting Lag

I recently purchased a 2004 Pathfinder with 35,000 miles on it (automatic trans). There is a noticeable "lag" or "lull" when it shifts into third gear. It almost feels like it's slipping for a split second. It only happens (or is only noticeable) when I'm accelerating at a decent rate, as I would when getting on to the highway. When I'm gradually getting up to 30mph, there nothing noticeable.

A friend of mine who used to own a Nissan pickup said that it is typical for foreign trucks. However, the only truck I've owned was a Cherokee. A guy I work with said it has something to do with the Overdrive function.

Does anyone have any insight into this? Is there any truth to what my friend said?

Any information would be appreciated. I can still bring the truck back to the dealer and get them to fix it.

Last edited by Moe Norman; 05-03-2007 at 09:11 AM.
Moe Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:30 PM   #2
88pathoffroad
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to 88pathoffroad Send a message via AIM to 88pathoffroad Send a message via Yahoo to 88pathoffroad
Re: 2004 Pathfinder Shifting Lag

I don't know if the TSB about the transmission control module applies to your year, but it may be worth looking into. 01's have a service bulletin out about poor shifting being due to faulty or misprogrammed TCU's. The fix is to replace the TCU.

88pathoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:25 PM   #3
mr-realtor
AF Newbie

Re: 2004 Pathfinder Shifting Lag

In my 2003, the previous owner had taken it in for the same thing though no issues were found. It happened to me and I serviced the transmission and it went away and has maybe happened once since then but only getting on the highway and it sticks in 3rd gear briefly before shifting.
mr-realtor is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail