Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-26-2001, 10:51 AM   #1
OffroadX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to OffroadX
Thumbs up Got the Pathy alloys mounted

Since I can't put any "driveway" shots in the Owners X's section, I figure this is an appropriate place...

More pix here.

Brent
OffroadX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 12:08 PM   #2
Schludwiller
XTerra Guy

I like 'em. It's funny though. My brain says Pathfinder, and then I look above and see the Xterra roof line.

Kind of like like those eye tricks (young or old woman)
Attached Images
File Type: gif youngoldhag.gif (28.8 KB, 224 views)
Schludwiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 08:57 PM   #3
ToeJam
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to ToeJam
NICE!!!

Now I'm really excited about getting tires on the set I have in my garage.

What size tire did you go with? Run some "compression" tests and let me know if they rub. The inside of the rim says Offset = 25, so I'm curious if they'll hit the inside of the wheel well
ToeJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 07:05 AM   #4
OffroadX
AF Enthusiast

I'm still running my 32x11.50 BFG ATs.
15mm = .6" I got some rubbing on the front bumper wing but that was because my bumper was pushed back about 3/4" from nosing into a berm. I adjusted it and no prob. The only place I am slightly concerned about now is the rear where the tires were about 1/2" narrow enough to stuff at the point where the wheel opening arcs under the rear door. The extra .6" outwards will make it close.
I'll see if I can flex it out sometime soon. It's been raining out here and I'm not game to go get muddy for nothing at this point, I just cleaned all the mud from under my X last week.

Brent
Old 11-27-2001, 09:37 AM   #5
ToeJam
AF Regular

Cool, I'm looking at going with 31x10.50's, so the 1" difference on width and diameter should keep me in the clear....
Old 11-27-2001, 05:11 PM   #6
beaker
AF Newbie

Schweet...I've been trolling the local recycler looking for these rims for a while and always thought they'd look good on the X. You're lucky to have nabbed a clean, good looking set. Others I've seen have either been nicked up or missing the center caps (for the rear).

On another note, is your spare a 32"?

Beaker
beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 05:27 PM   #7
Harbones
AF Newbie

Not bad

I wasn't sure before, but now that i see them on there they don't look too bad. I wish the back had a round hub in the middle to match the locking hubs in the front.

So why these rims? It seems that the general reason people have for getting pathy rims is they are the only ones that match the offset of the X. However, sounds like this isn't the case here...
Old 11-27-2001, 06:35 PM   #8
beaker
AF Newbie

For me personally, I've always liked the look of them.

Beaker
beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 07:49 PM   #9
OffroadX
AF Enthusiast

I got 'em because I've always thought they looked cool. I knew the offset wasn't the same even before I saw it cast into the wheel. We tried mounting one of my rims with the 32" tire on a friend's '93 Pathy to see how the 32s would fit, and the inside lip of the wheel was too close to the upper ball joint for a safe fit. I figured the offset had to be different.

As for the center caps, they do make a different style like that. The first two Pathys on this page have 'em, though you can't really see 'em very well.
The link isn't working at the moment, but there's a better pic here.

Oh, and yes, my spare is a 32" as well.

Brent
Old 11-27-2001, 07:57 PM   #10
Harbones
AF Newbie

Thanks for the clarification OffroadX. The more I look at them the more i start to like them - their sturdy looks start to grow on ya.
Old 11-28-2001, 09:39 AM   #11
OffroadX
AF Enthusiast

Here's a decent pic of the other style center caps:

Brent
Old 12-25-2001, 02:33 AM   #12
ToeJam
AF Regular

Did you ever trim your wheel wells? I know they rubbed a little in the back during full compression. I believe you said you thought you could fix it with some minor trimming. Any luck?
Old 12-25-2001, 05:58 PM   #13
OffroadX
AF Enthusiast

I had to trim the heck out of the front trim at the inside bottom corner and got rid of that rub point (pretty much flush with the liner), but I never quite got rid of the rubbing at the end of the bumper wings on the driver's side. This is because the bumper was mis-aligned from some off-road bumps. What rubbing that was left wasn't at the bottom edge, but along the vertical portion and didn't "catch" on the tire. Some additional trimming on both wings was needed though, including some on the vertical portions of both sides.
As for the rear, I did cut back as much of the plastic on the inside edge of the molding about 3" on either side of the screw which was dead-center of the rub area. I cut a crescent out with the deepest portion going right up to the edge of the screw and extending about 2" up and down from it. It helped some, but it still hasn't been eliminated. Still exploring options on that. I can't cut any more without messing up the screw and/or its base. Not sure what I can do at this point. I might be able to bend the moulding a bit by heating it and beat the fender lip back up a tad along with it, or I might just be able to live with it. Need to do some more thinking on that. Seems like it might be OK to leave it, but based on how it sounds I don't think so.

Brent