Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Auto Collision Network
Auto Collision Network The forum for Automotive and Collision repair schools, instructors, teachers and individuals in the industry helping to produced better qualified employees. In association with A.D.Smith NACAT, CRIN, ASA.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 03:47 PM   #1
thegreenhornet95
AF Newbie

paint code

How to recognize a paint code on a 1995 gmc suburban which is like a hunter green. what will it say cause i know it won't say paint code. I also know its in the door jam
thegreenhornet95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:50 AM   #2
18frszymanski
AF Newbie

Re: paint code

I work at a body shop, and a combined auto body supply store. There we mix touch up bottles, custom mixed spray cans, pints, quarts, gallons, etc. We do a lot of paint code searches on vehicles. GM is the most common I have to go outside with my customers and look at. GM will have them in the glove box. The tag should be white with black border and black text. It should have a large set of numbers and letters. At the very bottom a code stands alone. It should start with a U as the most common codes do. When you go into a car auto body shop and tell them the code, but start the code out with "WA" as this is what tells apart other imported GM paint codes from American paint codes. Good luck! If you're from the Green Bay area (just a shot in the dark) stop in at Metro and we can give you a hand.
18frszymanski is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Auto Collision Network