Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 09:05 PM   #31
Eclipserocksall
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Eclipserocksall
Re: SUBS: Rockford Fosgate PUNCH vs. Audiobahn

Ok I honestly dont care I still think eclipse it top of line what is re anyway im new to this site man come on and if you have ever listen to eclipse there quality...good quality nice sound and add good beats to ur car.....
AV 8022 HEAD UNIT/DVD/MP3/NAVI./STEREO (IN DASH)
2 15" ECLIPSE TITANIUM SUBWOOFERS (IN TRUNK)
2 ECLIPSE 7" MONITORS (Headrests)
X-BOX (DashBoard Console)
ECLIPSE 5022 6 DISC CHANGER (IN DASH)
ECLIPSE CH3083 12 DISC CHANGER (IN TRUNK)
2 ECLIPSE DA7232 POWER AMPLIFIERS (ALSO IN TRUNK)
Eclipserocksall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 09:28 PM   #32
bumpinstang77
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to bumpinstang77

Don't get me wrong Eclipse is good and for mainstream stuff its top of the line up there with JL Audio and Alpine ect... But the so called internet brands offer the same and usually better quality then the top of the line mainstream stuff for a fraction of the cost. For example xxx's are along the same lines as a w7 some like the w7 more some like the xxx more....they both have breakthrough technologies incorporating linear motors (even freq. response and hardly any distortion) The W7 has DMA and the xxx (and adire's brahma which is another sub along the same lines) uses XBL^2 enabled motors......It's a dual (can be more) Gap motor. 13W7's retail at around 1000 bucks and can be had around 600 ..... brahma 15's and xxx 15's come factory direct for under 450 shipped. But I suggest you do some research look at www.adireaudio.com they got some tech papers that you can learn soooooo much from. Go look at RE's product line at www.reaudio.com check out elemental designs www.edesignaudio.com ..... Also I post over at www.caraudio.com on their forums....u can learn a lot over there too.....my user name is I want seXXX.
bumpinstang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 09:35 PM   #33
AndonD454
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to AndonD454

will the current 'internet brands' ever become mainstream.. at least in the near future? because im happy the way they are now. the prices stay cheaper and you knwo if someone has one of these brands they actually know car audio more than the average guy off the street who thinks kicker and RF are the best.

but do you guys think that RE eD or Adire (not to mention several others) will become mainstream soon or ever?
AndonD454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 09:46 PM   #34
bumpinstang77
AF Enthusiast

I think RE eventually will. Theyre in the process of tryin to get dealers in every state... so that will eliminate factory direct purchasing....not to mention a lot of people already know who they are just by how popular theyre getting......I don't think adire will ever be mainstream or ED. Inriminator and Sound Splinter are still too new to tell but I have a feeling that Incriminator will be the next RE.....Their stuff is getting HUGE.....I'm might be doin DPs in my comp vehicle...and they got NICE amps commin out soon too....infinately strappable
Old 12-11-2004, 09:46 AM   #35
loismustdie
AF Enthusiast

i'd say that adire has a good chance, i've seen tons of their stuff around.....
Old 12-11-2004, 02:26 PM   #36
bumpinstang77
AF Enthusiast

I don't think Dan would really want his company to be mainstream it just doesn't seem like his attitude. I could definately see some mainstream companies usin xbl^2 and other adire patents tho. lmao imagine an audiobahn sub w/ xbl^2 LOL it would still prolly sound shitty just for havin the audiobahn name on it.
Old 12-11-2004, 04:27 PM   #37
grillman60001
Banned

hey guys, i'm back the car comparisons banned me so now i'm grillman6001, so hopfully they don't ban me again, i'm not going to do anything to get banned
grillman60001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 05:25 PM   #38
CBFryman
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CBFryman Send a message via Yahoo to CBFryman

RE isnt evne an internet brand. its widely known in the SPL scene. Adire is known by anybody who knows jack about good woofers. eD will probable never be main stream.
i hope RE never becomes main stream. i like being able to amaze people who think audiobahn and kicker are the 2 best SPL companies with a single 15 that is not only louder but takes less power to get that loud and sounds a lot better.
Eclipse is good for SQ. but dont expect them to stay sounding good and getting loud. JL has 'ok' componet sets. RE, Crystal Audio, and DD midbass are good. DD's 6.5 midbass woofers are amazing. Adire needs to make some XBL^2 Midbass and Tweeters. or even XBL^2 coaxials. lol
CBFryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 03:44 PM   #39
CBFryman
Banned

Here you go. $3000 system.

Brahma 15 $439
Edesign Audio NINe.1 $350

Crystal Audio CPE60 6.5" 3 Way $135
Phoenix Gold Ti 600.2 $379

Crystal Audio CXE610 $49
Hi Fonics FZX4000 $269

Panasonic CQ-VD7500U $1189

$2810

personally i can wire and install 3 amps and 5 speakers for under $200 myself. and maybe another 200 on enclosure. other people think they have to have all these fancy fuse blocks and amp instalation kits etc etc. now this inst including elecrical system upgrade (another batery and a new 160+ amp altinator is my reccomendation.) you are the one that wanted a 7" LCD monitor. you can cut that for a regular monitor and not brake the law by watching TV as you go down the road and save yourself the money for a new optima yellow top, battery isolation kit, and 160amp+ altinator.
enjoy.
Old 12-12-2004, 04:13 PM   #40
grillman60001
Banned

thanks man you really helped me and my bro out.
Old 12-12-2004, 10:11 PM   #41
bumpinstang77
AF Enthusiast

Adire does make some midbass woofers w/ XBL^2 its the extremis. And if your goin for deep bass just street bangin some rap you don't need an xxx or brahmaget an sx 15 or 2 sx 12's.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:09 AM   #42
RickwithaTbird
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to RickwithaTbird Send a message via MSN to RickwithaTbird Send a message via Yahoo to RickwithaTbird

i know yall havent talked about the audiobahns for a while now, but ive had some rockfords, and ive had some audiobahns. recently I had the audiobahn 1251's. They have small magnets and dont weigh much, but put 2 of them on a 240 watt RMS amp, and DAMN! found the subs for 60$ a pair, and the coustic 240 for 80$, and sold all 3 to the first guy who heard it for 350$. True, at top volume they arent as clear, but I dont think the guy 10 cars ahead of you at a red light is gonna be worried about the clarity, rather than the fact that you are shaking his rearview mirror off. And the 1251s are the small subs, so imagine the 15s with the triple stacked magnets... cant wait till I get some.
RickwithaTbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 04:57 PM   #43
grillman60001
Banned

sereiously? i'll have to look into those audiobahn's, there soundin' good. But there are soooooo many differeent woofers out there, it's so hard to make a decision, but then i came accross this forum and wanted to ask all of you , and there are so many suggestions, and woofers that i never heard of. so I have no idea, i don't know........maybe, if it's possible, can all of you agree upon one woofer for a straight answer?? Thanks...
Old 12-13-2004, 05:01 PM   #44
Abell255
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Abell255
hahahahahaha

You're disgusting

-=ID MAX 12" d2=-

-=Elemental Designs Nine.1=-

-=Sealed in 1.5 cubes=-

-=CDT EF-61s=- ( coming soon )

-=Profile CA400=- ( coming soon )

Abell255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 06:29 PM   #45
CBFryman
Banned

if yo uthink two cheper bahns are loud, id hate to see your face when you hear my future set up. 1 Brahma 15 and Crystal Audio Compnet Set and a Ceneter Chanel. in an extended cab light truck. ED NINe.1 to drive the brahma and im deciding on the L and R chanles and Center Channel.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio