Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 12:23 AM   #1
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

New Setup

Well as promised (and as the sig dictates), I'm making a new setup. Trashing everything, starting from scratch, etc

Head: Alpine CDA-9835
Comps: Adire Koda 6.1
Front amp: Linear Power 2.2HV
Sub: Adire Brahma 15
Sub amp: Cadence ZRS-8

Thoughts? The sub is going in 2.2cf sealed, but I might build a SPL ported box sometime later, something large and tuned in the high 30's just to mess around with, beat up the kids at competitions, etc. Everything is pretty much finalized, I should have ordered the headunit already but I still haven't received my paycheck yet (was supposed to be here on thurs ). Either way, should be done in about a month, gotta love summer jobs that pay well

Total cost should be just under $2500 after shipping, extra wiring (adding a 1/0 run, distro block, etc) and everything else.

'05 Silver WRX STi
Injen SES Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Cobb Stage 2 Tune, TiC Super Shifter, TiC Klunk Killer, Tein springs, Nitto NT555R Drag Radials

Last edited by sr20de4evr; 06-14-2004 at 10:54 PM.
sr20de4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 07:41 PM   #2
PaulD
Audio Guy

Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD
how did you decide on cadence for a sub amp ?
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 09:05 PM   #3
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

Re: New Setup

Heard nothing but good things, puts out the power I want at the impedence I want, never heard of anyone ever blowing one, good efficiency, puts out rated power, looks nice, not all that pricey (comparatively)

'05 Silver WRX STi
Injen SES Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Cobb Stage 2 Tune, TiC Super Shifter, TiC Klunk Killer, Tein springs, Nitto NT555R Drag Radials
Old 06-14-2004, 09:48 PM   #4
PaulD
Audio Guy

Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD
sounds like my type of equipment ........ I don't care for all of the frills per se - I am far more concerned with performance. The PG amp I just got is the first amp I have ever had with a built in crossover. When I redo the CRX, I will have to use a class D for the bass amp
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:05 PM   #5
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

yeah

Over the last several months I've been looking around for negative comments and I still have yet to read anything negative about ANY of their amps. The ZRS-8 is the replacement for the A7HC, and every person I've talked to who owned an A7HC has said it was the best, or very very close to the best mono sub amp they ever owned. It was rated stable at 1ohm, yet many people ran it at .5ohm daily and even .25ohm for competitions and never had the amp break down (though I think a few people said at 1/4ohm the amp would go into protection before too long, go figure). I also went to the local Cadence dealer and asked them about the amps, this very well could have been the salesman in him making things up, but he said that out of the hundreds of Cadence amps they've sold, ONE has been returned for warranty work (he didn't say what had gone wrong with it).

All that put together made a pretty powerful argument, so I decided to go with it.

'05 Silver WRX STi
Old 06-14-2004, 10:13 PM   #6
Haibane
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Haibane

cadence are great amps. My friend Frito has one hooked to two PG cyclones, sounds bad a**. Why the Brahma? Why not the 12Ov2? or the new ed stuff? What about the XXX, if you are going SPL, I would rather go XXX or Av2 than the brahma.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:28 PM   #7
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

Why the Brahma?
The Adire reps are the only ones who haven't pissed me off lately. RE, eD, etc have all resorted to name calling and little childish backstabs when threatened, the Adire employees are the only ones that I've seen remain professional. I also have the Adire Kit81 towers in my room, for one the service I received was nothing short of phenominal, and I also really REALLY love these speakers.

Honestly it was a tossup between the XXX and the Brahma, I ended up going with the Brahma just because of the attitudes of the employees on each side.

Why not eD?
Well, I want to get this system going this summer, and only God knows when the new subs will be released. There's also something about them completely changing their lineup all the time, they haven't had one model last more than a year. I'll still recommend them because they do make good products and I still like my 12a, but for my own personal system I want to go with a company that has both feet on the ground so-to-speak.

'05 Silver WRX STi
Old 06-14-2004, 10:52 PM   #8
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

heh sorry jus lettin ya noe sr20
aznxthuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:54 PM   #9
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

me = retarded

thanks, fixed now

'05 Silver WRX STi
Old 06-14-2004, 10:57 PM   #10
bumpinstang77
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to bumpinstang77

Exactly why I'm about to get a brahma instead of a xxx...and as far as going for SPL a brahma isn't noticeably less then an xxx...and ed's stuff doesn't compare w/ a brahma.
bumpinstang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:58 PM   #11
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

hmm im not really sure what to say, it seems like your stuff is a few steps above mine, im also not in the financial level to do that yet heh, but doesn't seem like you could go wrong, i mean.. the head unit im about to get is the pioneer premier deh-p860mp, hope that can match up to the 9835 heh anyways good stuff !
aznxthuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 11:01 PM   #12
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznxthuggie
hmm im not really sure what to say, it seems like your stuff is a few steps above mine, im also not in the financial level to do that yet heh

hehe, we all start somewhere, I'm just lucky to have the summer job that I do

'05 Silver WRX STi
Old 06-14-2004, 11:58 PM   #13
Haibane
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: New Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpinstang77
Exactly why I'm about to get a brahma instead of a xxx...and as far as going for SPL a brahma isn't noticeably less then an xxx...and ed's stuff doesn't compare w/ a brahma.
Well you have never heard the new 12/15av2. Only Ed has, but with an xmax like it has, I am sure it will at least stand next to if not blow away the brahma. Have you even seen the movies of those two against each other? The Av2 looks like it will handle much much more abuse and it far surpases the movement of the other subs I have seen on videos. I have yet to see one metered though. I think the only thing it is worried about is the MTX 9500 that I have seen. I know I don't know very many subs though.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:23 AM   #14
bumpinstang77
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to bumpinstang77

Won't blow away...it will probably be comparable. How long till theese things come out anyways?
bumpinstang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 02:55 PM   #15
Haibane
AF Fanatic

12Av.2 spec's
Qts - .39
Qms - 4.08
Qes - .441
Fs - 26 Hz
Re - 2.38