Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > SRT4
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 09:30 PM   #16
DragginWagon
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to DragginWagon Send a message via Yahoo to DragginWagon
Chevy V6 = crap. Almost crap on a stick, but they're nothing to shake a stick at, so just crap. In fact, even Chevy thinks they're crap now, puttin Honda motors in numorous new vehicles, including '05 Malibu and '04 Saturns.

I don't care how mortgages you take out for it, nobody will ever have a 600whp Diamante.
DragginWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 10:24 PM   #17
DeViL
AF Enthusiast

Chevy V6's do not suck. Naturally I'm going to defend my 4.3l V6.

The mileage I'm posting is all from V6 engines used in the S-10.
AntiRice:
03 with 562 miles, and a 94 with 202,600
John Hammer:
I have an offer on the line for an 84 s-10 for $2300 with 150,000Selling 84 S-10
Cobra1:
176,000 on my 95 4.3 CPI
(SiC)(sIc)6:
995 Sonoma w/ 170,000 miles. STILL RUNNIN STRONG!
dknutt:
My 94' has 122,000
My '95 4.3 has 159k. Still strong.
BadasS10:
My friends 94' has 208,000 miles
98blazin:
Got a 94 with 251,000 rebuilt at 249,000
LaynLo17:
my 97 s-10 is up to 56k now
the 90 blazer got 230K

Come on, if all Chevy V6's = suck, how could so many people have over 100-200,000 miles on these engines? It's not like thats all of them either I could post more if I have to.
DeViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 10:40 PM   #18
Scatch!
AF Regular

Re: Why does the SRT-4 cost so cheap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by novadk
No the OLD mopars are good the 80's and newer suck ass.
Nope.

Quote:
After mopar filed for bankruptcy in the early 80's and the U.S. government gave them 100miliion dollars they havent been the same.
Uh, all the gov't did was co-sign for a loan, they didn't GIVE Chrysler anything.

Quote:
You got an overated under handling overpriced viper,
Woah, you are an ignoramus. Over-rated? You've never driven one, have you? Ill-handling? No. It never was. It was a beast to drive years ago, but never "under handling". Welcome to 2003. Over-priced? As opposed to what?

Quote:
the history of the worst/urealiable trans in the world,
And that would be? Everyone makes a crappy trans now and then.

Quote:
cheap quality interior's
Sometimes. Except that they hold up. I can't say that for very many of the "nicer" interiors out there.

Quote:
ugly design's
Uh huh. Those ugly designs won Chrysler all those awards...

Quote:
and basic poor production quality.
Have you even owned a Mopar, or are you just going by what others tell you? Show me one person who had a bad experience with a Mopar, and I'll show you TEN who had nothing but great experiences.

Quote:
Ask any mopar mechanic not some idiot oil changing high school student and he'll tell ya not to get a dodge.
I worked at a Dodge dealer, and I will tell you that you are full of crap on that statement.

Quote:
One of my good friend works for a dodge dealership and will never by a dodge due to the fact they arent all that well built.
Good for him. If he works on cars he doesn't like, he's a fool.

Quote:
Next time you go to the ricer shop look at the mechanics cars at dodge, most will not have a mopar products.
They will drive what they work on - Hondas. Since Hondas are popular with the ricer crowd, that's what they drive.

Quote:
Sorry if I speak the truth and its hurting your feelings
It doesn't hurt my feelings that you are clueless. I'm just trying to educate.

Quote:
And besides this forum sucks cant even get into the damn thing most of the time.
Talk to the management, troll.

For the record, I do not think all GM V6s are junk. In fact, some of them are as good as anything out there.
Scatch! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 05:17 PM   #19
HotBoys09
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to HotBoys09
AAAAHHHHMMMEEEENNNN!!!!!!!!! Thank you scratch...
HotBoys09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 02:48 PM   #20
LoW_KeY
AF Regular

hmm I think its rather funny dodge is kickin ass with the 4 banger

I've seen some pretty kick ass neons before.. and to think the upgrades that are going to be available for it. I only wish Buick would've stuck with the 3.8 turbo, instead of going the 3800SC, but oh well I got no regrets with the SC motor.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:38 AM   #21
SUMAC
AF Newbie

To This Novadk Guy. I Work For A Chrysler Dealer, And I Drive A 98 Neon That Of Course Had The Head Problem. Other Than That No Problems, I'm Getting Up On 93 K And Haven't Even Had A Bulb Go Out. As For The Srt 4, I Think It's Going To Be A Great Car. The Techs I Work With Mostly Drive Dodge, Then Chevy Then Ford. No I Haven't Done Any Mods To My Car, But I'm Driving A Sohc And It Takes A Beating Coming Up The Highway. My First Car Was A 78 Z28, Loved That Car Thought I Would Always Be A Chevy Chick, I Got In A Bad Way A Couple Of Years Ago And My Dad Gave Me A 87 Cavalier With 253 K And I Drove It For A Year, Bought The Neon And Think It's Great. Yeah One Of The Pushes For The Neon Is Getting It Worked On By People I Work With, But Now I'm Thinking About Buying The Srt 4, But That;s Because Of It's Performance. The Reason It's Price Tag Is Low Is Because Chrysler's Stock Isn't Selling For 8 Bucks A Share Like Ford Or About 30 For G.m.. Right Now Chrysler Has The Best Warranty When It Comes To Domestic..
SUMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 12:25 AM   #22
vancitysrt4
AF Newbie

honestly i'll say my neon has had problems... but only cause i beat the crap out of it and with 160000km and only investing 1000 dollars over the last 6 months it's in perfect running condition again... so anyone who says dodge is crap, is full of crap....
vancitysrt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 12:04 PM   #23
MioCLK
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_GTR34
Came into my head when i saw the SRT-4 go against the Evo 8. Why does the SRT-4 cost so cheap. nearly 8g less than the Evo 8. the SRT-4 is rated at 240 hp and like 2?? Torque. thats alot of HP on a car like that. and its rated at 28?? pds. i think it jus has a "non-reliable" engine again.

Well, you are comparing an import and domestic
The base Evolution RS in Japan cost around 2.74million Yen which is less than $25,000USD
MioCLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 05:40 PM   #24
Sexy beast
Banned

I read on another thread here that the SRT-4 has a Mercedes engine? is this true?
Sexy beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 08:18 PM   #25
Scatch!
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy beast
I read on another thread here that the SRT-4 has a Mercedes engine? is this true?
Heh. No. The 2.4L turbo is for all intents and purposes the 2.0L Neon engine with a one-inch higher deck height and numerous enhancements for turbocharging. It's a motor designed completely by Chrysler (pre-merger), developed for turbocharging by Chrysler of Mexico, and improved again by Chrysler USA for the US market.
Old 10-28-2003, 02:37 AM   #26
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
Go into the topic listing for the Neon forum, over half the threads are just problems with peoples cars

Hell, even the "targeted sponsor links" thing at the top. When I go to the Subaru section, it's things like "Rallyperformance.com, buy your parts from us", in here its all about lemon laws

You have to admit that looks a little... off. In case you're wondering why people think they're bad quality.
LjasonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 07:55 AM   #27
Sexy beast
Banned

ldelaysionl---ooh, that was the smartest post I ever read. NOT! you
Sexy beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 02:28 PM   #28
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy beast
ldelaysionl---ooh, that was the smartest post I ever read. NOT! you
What are you talking about? It's the truth. Go to the topic listing and see for yourself.

This coming from the guy who asked if the SRT4 engine is a Mercedes engine
LjasonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 10:45 PM   #29
Scatch!
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldelaysionl
Go into the topic listing for the Neon forum, over half the threads are just problems with peoples cars
Over half? You must be reading a different forum. *shrugs* I see Hondas, Toyotas, Subies with major problems all the time. The difference? Import buyers think those problems are their fault because they believe the hype. Domestic buyers often blame THE CAR because... they too believe the hype.

Quote:
Hell, even the "targeted sponsor links" thing at the top. When I go to the Subaru section, it's things like "Rallyperformance.com, buy your parts from us", in here its all about lemon laws
Interesting. Since I don't troll other car sections, I'll have to take your word for it.

Quote:
You have to admit that looks a little... off. In case you're wondering why people think they're bad quality.
I don't wonder. People are sheep. It's simple.
Old 10-30-2003, 01:16 AM   #30
soul_sword34
AF Regular

I have to get in on this one. I have a 2000 Neon and it rocks!!!!! 76,000 miles on it and it hasn't had one single problem ever. And I rod the shit out of it. Tough car. PERIOD! The reason most people have so many problems with their cars is they forget to change their oil or even check under the hood. Maintenance is a must have. Secondly the reason all the hype is over imports is because they make so many easy to get mods for them. Look in any catalog and you'll see everything for the import crap! Few manufacturers make anything for a Neon. It's hard to modify a domestic. But thank God that the Neon is one of the exceptions because they are the only most popular domestic models that companies make performance parts for. It is truly the exceptional that can make a high performance Neon. Any nerd with cash can build up a Civic. Give me a bone stock Neon and a bone stock Rice Grinder and lets see the Dyno. Nuff said!!!
soul_sword34 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > SRT4