Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 11:18 PM   #61
Thourun
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Thourun
Re: Quality 6.5", need help.

Yea I realized that there was an amp suggested right after I submited but was too lazy to edit it lol. I'll put it all in my parts to get list lol. How mugh do the 6x9s run?
Installed: ESP front precat eliminating downpipe, test pipe, RF-1008 K&N, Dejon tool Y pipe, 1G DSM BOV, MSD wires, Guted rear pre cat, ISSPRO EV Marine boost gauge, IPO MBC, EGR blockoffs, Palm m515 dataloger setup, NGK iridium plugs, SPEC stage II clutch 500ft/lb, 5300k HID plug and play setup.

Soon:Topline Engineering ground wires.
Thourun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:22 PM   #62
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ngsm13
Re: Re: Quality 6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thourun
Yea I realized that there was an amp suggested right after I submited but was too lazy to edit it lol. I'll put it all in my parts to get list lol. How mugh do the 6x9s run?
The CDT cl-6x's are 6.5" round coaxials. I recommend getting round speakers over oval ones because at higher volumes oval speakers tend to distort MUCH easier. The CDT cl-6x's run about $45 shipped from Don (aim: djdilliodon OR email: islandsound1@yahoo.com ) He's an authorized CDT dealer, sells new with warranty! peace

NG
ngsm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:24 PM   #63
Thourun
AF Enthusiast

So I'd have to do some cuting and filling eh? I'd rather stay stock demensions, I'm not going to play it all that loud and just installing them is gonna be a pain.
Installed: ESP front precat eliminating downpipe, test pipe, RF-1008 K&N, Dejon tool Y pipe, 1G DSM BOV, MSD wires, Guted rear pre cat, ISSPRO EV Marine boost gauge, IPO MBC, EGR blockoffs, Palm m515 dataloger setup, NGK iridium plugs, SPEC stage II clutch 500ft/lb, 5300k HID plug and play setup.

Old 03-22-2005, 11:39 PM   #64
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
So I'd have to do some cuting and filling eh? I'd rather stay stock demensions, I'm not going to play it all that loud and just installing them is gonna be a pain.
All you need is a small piece of wood to cover up the existing hole...and then drop the speaker in the new 6.5" hole in the wood. Might be able to find an adapter plate online...

NG
Old 03-22-2005, 11:44 PM   #65
Thourun
AF Enthusiast

Why would they put in speakers with a wierd shape that just distort? Why would they put in 2.5" paper tweeters that blow after a few hours of listening... lol

Old 03-23-2005, 12:13 PM   #66
RickwithaTbird
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to RickwithaTbird Send a message via MSN to RickwithaTbird Send a message via Yahoo to RickwithaTbird
Re: Re: Re: Re: Quality 6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchonutty
Ditto! Gotta think. When you are at a concert do you turn around so the music is blairing from behind you? So why would you want it to sound that way in your car? Really, the only time I amp the rears is if I have a seriously bassy system or if I am messing with 5.1 surround.
thats a matter of opinion. I think rear speakers are equally important as front speakers. At a concert you want the sound to be coming from what you're looking at: the band. In my car, I want to have a full 360 degree stereo effect. A good car stereo will make you think the sound is moving all around you, and if your fronts blow away the rears, then you get a poor effect. In my opinion, you shouldnt be able to have any idea where the car's speakers are at if you are listening with your eyes closed.

I would never buy a 2 channel amp for my mids and highs unless I was buying a second one for my rears as well. They all have to sound good. I don't know if you can find these anymore, but one of the best 4 channel amps I ever had was a Jensen JXP 680. I know the name jensen makes it sound wack, but it is a very good 4 CH amp. I've got a nice clarion but I would trade it any day for another jensen 680.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:36 PM   #67
Thourun
AF Enthusiast

I'd like to agree with the 360* sound thing, only my rear speakers work right now and its not the best effect lol.

Old 03-24-2005, 01:55 AM   #68
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Quality 6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickwithaTbird

I would never buy a 2 channel amp for my mids and highs unless I was buying a second one for my rears as well. They all have to sound good. I don't know if you can find these anymore, but one of the best 4 channel amps I ever had was a Jensen JXP 680. I know the name jensen makes it sound wack, but it is a very good 4 CH amp. I've got a nice clarion but I would trade it any day for another jensen 680.
You are a fucking moron, end of story. Period.

If you have good components up front, and they're tuned right and the imaging is set up correctly then you'll get the sound you are talking about. Mine are getting good power and set up correctly...when you sit in my cab you are enveloped in sound...it's amazing. Also, LMFAO on the Jensen...it shows really how much you....DON'T know about car audio.

NG
Old 03-24-2005, 02:45 AM   #69
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

even when i had 4 speakers (1 front pair, 1 rear pair), and i got that "360" thing ur talkin about, theres no way u can get the perfect blend, i'd move my head back or forth like 3 inches and the whole soundstage is off, no matter how long i tried to blend/fade/balance/time correct

instead, i got a decent set of components, amped them and put them in kick panels, added time correction, never sounded better

also everytime i sit in my friends car with their "system" they bump from point a to point b tearing their ears apart, and the highs and bass are blasting from behind me, a rediculously confuzed soundstage
aznxthuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 07:01 AM   #70
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Quality 6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickwithaTbird
thats a matter of opinion. I think rear speakers are equally important as front speakers. At a concert you want the sound to be coming from what you're looking at: the band. In my car, I want to have a full 360 degree stereo effect. A good car stereo will make you think the sound is moving all around you, and if your fronts blow away the rears, then you get a poor effect. In my opinion, you shouldnt be able to have any idea where the car's speakers are at if you are listening with your eyes closed.

I am confused. How can you have 360 degree of stereo sound out of a 2 channel stereo setup? None of the things anyone suggesting here can recreate surround sound. Or, are you just talking about having rear channels mirroring what the fronts do. I rarely amp the rears unless again I have a 5.1 Dolby decoder or a severely bass heavy system. I'd rather have the fronts amped and set up in a way that it puts you in the middle.
I've never heard or had anything that was truely awsome from Jensen. They are a bottom basement company that just keeps going bankrupt. They are all loaded with distortion and get hotter than a Hibatchi.
Orion C63 Coax rear
DirectedVideo 9" all in one DVD with surround

2007 SATURN OUTLOOK AWD XR with full entertainment package
ponchonutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 07:54 PM   #71
Thourun
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
You are a fucking moron, end of story. Period.
You know personal attacks aren't allowed here, I dunno how well this forum is moderated but people get baned for saying stuff like that. Thanks for all the info though, I think I have enough to make my decision.

Old 03-25-2005, 12:30 AM   #72
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
You know personal attacks aren't allowed here, I dunno how well this forum is moderated but people get baned for saying stuff like that. Thanks for all the info though, I think I have enough to make my decision.
Well, when it's necessary...it's necessary, period

NG

PS: It's happened TONS of tims before...and I've been "personally attacked" before as well...I get over...it's the internet...
Old 03-25-2005, 05:57 PM   #73
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

It's just the price for letting punks on here. I've gotten flamed plenty of times and no one ever got banned for it.
Orion C63 Coax rear
DirectedVideo 9" all in one DVD with surround

2007 SATURN OUTLOOK AWD XR with full entertainment package
ponchonutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 12:01 AM   #74
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchonutty
It's just the price for letting punks on here. I've gotten flamed plenty of times and no one ever got banned for it.
Life goes on...

NG

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio