Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 03:51 PM   #1
jon00
AF Newbie

need help deciding which car is best

I'm new to cars, planning on buying my first brand new car, just not sure which car will be most dependable at my max budget of $30,000

just want a car that will last, and drives well (car noise doesn't bother me, mpg does a little, room doesn't its only me who will mostly be in it, repair cost I'm iffy on, other than I'm fine) if any other suggestions besides what i listed let me know pls... i just need some car enthusiast's opinions

i like these

2015 mazda 3 5-door; trim; s touring

2015 subaru wrx; trim; premium (automatic)

2015 mazda 6; trim; touring

2015 honda accord; trim; (sport or ex)

2015 nissan altima; trim; 2.5sv
jon00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:32 PM   #2
fredjacksonsan
Caution: Monkeys bite!

Send a message via AIM to fredjacksonsan
Re: need help deciding which car is best

I hear that staying away from Nissan is a good idea. Mazda and Honda are good, but out of those I prefer Subaru....Subies have great reliability and I'm in the process of trading my F150 for a 2015 Legacy.

I don't know that you'll be able to keep in your budget for a WRX as they're all well over 30k. I haven't driven it, but I hear in reviews, some by racecar drivers, that the CVT is a fantastic match with the engine.

On your budget you may want to consider the Legacy 3.6R. It's closer to your budget, and the 6 cylinder has 256hp, only 45 less than the WRX. Subaru's six is super reliable and the smoothest engine Subaru makes.

I'd have gotten one myself instead of the Premium, but my budget is a bit less than yours.
fredjacksonsan is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
honda , mazda , subaru
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A