Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Problem Diagnosis
Mustang Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
Newell_89
AF Newbie

Passenger Side Catylic converter smoking?

The car is a 1999 Ford mustang V6 Automatic transmission. The probllem is that after the car is warmed up the car starts giving off some white smoke, i looked under the car in the driveway and saw the smoke was comming from the catylic converter on the passenger side. it doesnt start smoking until the car is good and warmed up which leads me to think its a fluid leaking on top of the catylic converter and burning off... there is no puddles on the driveway whatsoever though, BUT the catylic converter seems to be slightly wet all the time with a thin golden/brown oily substance... i dont know if its burnt transmissing fluid or motor oil.. but i can feel that there is hoses or lines running above the catylic converter, are these transmission cooler lines? could this be the source of my leak? any help is appreciated, im pretty knowlegable about cars and will most likly know what you are talking about. i couldent get under the car because i dont have a jack or ramps anymore because i moved. but ill be able to use my buddys shop for now on.

thanks for your input
Newell_89 is offline   Reply With Quote