Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 10:24 AM   #1
JCP521
AF Newbie

4L60E Transmission Interchangability

I have a 1997 Chevy C1500 4.3L V6 2wd. I removed my 4L60E Trans (M30) and bought a used GM Goodwrech rebuilt Trans. from Craigslist, it had 80K miles on it, It came with no Bell Housing and No Torque Converter.
After getting it home I noticed the input shaft was different. I have a 298mm 30 spline with a Pilot Tip, the CL Trans has a 245mm 30 spline. Everything else is identical, case also says (M30) like mine. Once I removed the pan it was a mess. So I tore this one apart and I have a guy from Aamco helping me put it back together in my yard after work
My question is, Can I just rebuild this CL Trans, find a Torque converter to fit the 245mm input and just bolt right up to my Truck or can I rebuild this CL Trans and just find a 298mm Input Shaft or whole 298mm Input Shaft/ Drum assembly and put it in this CL trans, then put on my factory Torque Converter and be on my way.
JCP521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 12:09 PM   #2
fast68chevy
AF Newbie

Re: 4L60E Transmission Interchangability

96 97 are the two years same group. electornics parts changed every 1 to 3 years on these.. its a pain.... can swap all the electronics and harness and PCM to match,

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K