Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Aveo
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 08:56 PM   #31
lilstac0523
AF Newbie

Re: Who has racked up the most miles.....??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchRock
1 month.... 1100

and right now everymile hurts me... dont want her getting on up there
Yeah I JUST got mine last night and I broke 100 miles today... Actually it's almost to 200. lol hurting me...
lilstac0523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 10:33 AM   #32
Piece_Ride_Driver
AF Newbie

2004 Aveo sedan... 87,000 miles. Mostly highway. This thing has been in and out of the shop for just about everything I've read about the Aveo. Water pump seized which broke the timing belt. This car is a piece of junk.
Piece_Ride_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:58 PM   #33
geofrog
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to geofrog Send a message via Yahoo to geofrog

Just passed 150 miles today, I have only had it for a week though. I drove the car off the lot, with 23 miles on it, but they had to replace the instroment cluster, so it had 0 miles on it when i drove it off the lot.

TTFN
Kris
geofrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:44 AM   #34
Huney1
AF Enthusiast

Timing Belts

I was considering buying a used Mitsubishi Montero loaded, nice ride, clean and 75K mi and the price was definitely right. I test drove it a few miles to the Mitsi shop and asked if they had anything in their data base about maintenance. Not a thing but the service writer said the timing belt should be changed at 60K mi requires taking the radiator off major job takes an experienced mechanic 6 to 8 hours. Said while you have the water pump off best to go ahead and replace it also and the whole jobs runs around 7 to $800. bucks. Say what? Needless to say I took it back and asked if it had ever been changed and the guy turned white and said yes, I asked for the repair order and they couldn't produce one so I said awwww shucks. I gave him two thumbs up and said thanks, but no thanks. <Two thumbs up.

I never understood why GM bought Daewoo and didn't make major changes to the engine so the car in general wouldn't be so problematic. If they had made changes to make it a better vehicle I could understand that. But all they did was put the GM name on a vehicle with a long history of problems so much so that Daewoo got such a bad name they went out of business. I looked at one for mu busines vehicle and fortunately the sales mgr was an old friend and explained why I didn't want one. I was shocked and ultimately bought a used 03 Taurus had it a year and very happy with it.

You GEO people definitely get those belts changed at 60K miles and don't get caught with over 60K with a broke belt that bends connecting rods, busts pistons and bends valve stems because if you do you better have some real deep pockets. I told you to have that belt changed!
Huney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:51 AM   #35
Palbella
AF Newbie

143,000 on 2005 Aveo
Palbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 06:50 AM   #36
toni1595
AF Regular

As of right now, 167,000 miles. Not really too many issues, just the usual brakes, tires, hoses, etc. The main thing is to keep the timing belt changed. I am working on the AC right now, but that is not really central to the engine operation. I do have some rust to deal with now living in the "rust belt", but that's expected if you keep your cars forever....
toni1595 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Aveo