Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Uplander
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 12:39 PM   #16
tinboye
AF Newbie

Re: power door locks not working

I have a 2005 Chevy Uplander LS. I replaced the lock switch on the drivers door already figuring it was not relaying to the other locks properly. worked for awhile and now its back to its old self. I can use the fob and it will always unlock the drivers side door, but intermittently it will not unlock any other doors uncluding the lift gate. and there is no key option for the lift gate. so i have to manually unlock the other 3 doors, but the lift gate there is nothing i can do to unlock that, if i put the vehicle in drive then drive a bit, it does the auto locks, then when i park it will unlock ALL doors. The switch i replaced in drivers side door, if i press unlock it does not unlock the other doors either. you can hear it sending the signal to the doors but doesnt actually unlock the other doors. Is this a PCM issue? or something else?
tinboye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:50 PM   #17
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Sounds to me like a BCM problem.....the signal from your power lock switches, and key fob, go to the BCM....the BCM then activates the door actuators......the fact your doors unlock when put into park, means it is a programming problem in the BCM, or the BCM itself.....
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:56 AM   #18
tinboye
AF Newbie

Today i took my kids to school, when I parked, the doors did not unlock, or even try to unlock. only the drivers door unlocked. Looking at the wiring diagram for the vehicle. it looks like each actuator is independent, and are wired in series/parallel. but like you said it sounds like the bcm. I have read that the bcm MUST be changed by a dealership as the VIN is linked and then it has to be programmed. I have also found sites that sell the bcm core and package, core seems to be 50 bucks or so, and the entire package 200-300. Should I just bite the bullet and take it to a dealership? I was hoping this would be an easy fix and that i wouldnt have to drop 1k or more on this fix, I have already gotten the altenator replaced which I COULD not do myself because it required the engine block to be moved to change that out, there is a voltage regulator on the altenator which i read can effect things as well. so i had made sure that was changed out when they changed the altenator out. was almost 700 bucks to have that done. Other than those issues its been an excellent vehicle. Initially i forgot to mention that there has been issues, also intermitt with the A/C fan actuators opening up properly and for heating, wrong actuators opening. so air flow is directed incorrectly even though its set properly on the switches. This is another reason why i feel its the bcm. 1 other thing that i notice is when driving, the radio signal will cut in and out for a second.
tinboye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:02 PM   #19
Tech II
AF Fanatic

The driver's door actuator is wired, independent of the other three......the other three actuators are in parallel, and share the same ground and power(the liftgate actuator, is also in parallel)....thus, you can program the door locks, three ways: all unlock when put in park, only the driver's unlock when put in park, or none of them unlock.....

You can can disconnect the BCM harness(es), and jumper the proper circuits to prove there is nothing wrong with the parallel circuit.....

Unfortunately, a similar BCM can't be taken out of another vehicle and used.......the VIN of your vehicle has to be programmed into it, and also the options of the vehicle......

Actually, replacing the alternator is not that hard.....it just takes a few extra moves to get it out.......not sure what you are talking about with the voltage regulator.......that is part of the alternator.....since you replaced the alternator, the regulator was in the new alternator.....$700 is too high for just replacing an alternator.....not sure if you were talking about the current sensor.....
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote