Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Sprint
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 04:02 PM   #1
Krackerhouse420
AF Newbie

1988 Geo Metro modifications.

Me and my friend bought this car for 600 dollars and want to do some modifications to it. We need some help in finding the parts as i have done hours of research and found nothing. Here is a list of what we want to do:
1. Stiffer suspension
2. Larger and wider wheels, more traction.
3. Cold air intake
4. Enlarge the exhaust pipes, minimize bends and length, plus make it a dual exhaust if possible.
5.Eventually put a turbo in it if possible. Definitely the least important one.
6. Sway bars
We would also like it if we could get an estimate of how much the exhaust and intake mods will affect horsepower and fuel efficiency.
Krackerhouse420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 05:01 PM   #2
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Re: 1988 Geo Metro modifications.

Intake and exhaust might net you 1-2 horsepower. Doing a "dual" exhaust on a 3 cylinder wouldn't net anything extra even if it could be done. You could do dual outlets, but that is just more weight gaining no power.

The only way you would gain any significant power is with forced induction, ie turbo or supecharger. There are problems that come with that though. How strong are the internals? How much boost can they handle? How will you handle the extra fuel needs? Being from California how are you going to deal with their strict modding laws?

Even if you went through with all the mods on your list, your car is still going to be pretty slow. Modern economy cars are now putting down 180 hp.

I am not trying to bash on your project, but there are better options out there to mod and hop up.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:20 PM   #3
paulfromoh
AF Newbie

I know people are always stuffing 350 motors in them for shits and giggles... But even if you mod the original engine I doubt it would do 80 mph if you pushed it off a cliff
paulfromoh is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Sprint