Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Citation
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 11:21 PM   #1
72KingswoodEstate
AF Newbie

Does anyone have photos of a loaded Citation?

I am wondering... does anyone have a "loaded" Citation? OR have photos of one? I have never seen with with options such as power windows, power locks, etc, but I have heard this was optional on them..

BTW - we used to have a GM X-car, but it was a 1981 Olds Omega Brougham 4dr. That was a luxurious little car, but it was troublesome. It was dark blue, with dark blue velour interior, loaded to the max and it had the optional 2.8L V6. Yes it leaked oil and it had carburator woes, and tranny woes, and..... that was in 1988 when it only had like 60K. Needed new tranny @ 80K, needed another @ 97K, finally sold it for $200 in 1990.
72KingswoodEstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:51 PM   #2
NOVA71
AF Regular

Re: Does anyone have photos of a loaded Citation?

Haven't seen any loaded citations. Used to own an 82 I believe. Wouldn't even spin it's tires in the dirt lol. I think they did make a X-11 Citation that was the performance version. They might have had a few more options.

Long live the X-body...

Current Rides:
1971 Nova
2004 Tracker
2013 Sonic

Past Rides:
2007 G5
1984 Firebird
2000 Jimmy
1994 Jimmy
1990 Tracker
1985 Jimmy
NOVA71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:37 PM   #3
denisond3
AF Enthusiast

We had an 83 4 door for several years. It was given to us by friends at 83k miles and we ran it to 150,000 before I got tired of fixing things. Aside from a lot of vibration while idling, it wasnt such a bad car; if you were willing to pull the 4 cyl 2.5Liter engine every few years to replace the cam drive gear and other parts, and if you could replace the sensors yourself as they failed. Ours didnt seem to have any options - so had fewer parts to break.
I liked the looks of its front end; the grille, headlights, bumper.
I had a coworker who said his 83 Cimmarron would have been a very good car for me - because I could work on it myself. He bought it new and had it at the dealer for repairs/warranty work for a total of 18 weeks in the first 52 weeks he owned it; then he traded it for a Honda Accord that was reliable.
denisond3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:09 PM   #4
DAB77
AF Newbie

I took one out and got it loaded one time but she wouldn't allow any photos
DAB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:27 AM   #5
oldblu65
AF Fanatic

Question Re: Does anyone have photos of a loaded Citation?

Try Googling " Citation " or some variation of the term . You should pull up photos and info . Good luck !
oldblu65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:07 AM   #6
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Please check the date of the last post in the thread and do not respond if that date is longer than 3 months from the current date.
From AF's Community Guidelines:
POSTING IN CLOSED OR OUTDATED THREADS:
Please avoid posting or voting in outdated threads. It merely clutters up the message board and makes it more difficult for fellow members to sort through the vast amount of information contained on the boards. If you have new and important information to add regarding a past discussion, feel free to start a new thread and if need be, add a link to the original thread.

The link to these guidelines can be found here:http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...uidelines.html

Closed

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Citation