Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 12:29 AM   #1
ckt1965
AF Newbie

2000 malibu heater core

I have a 2000 malibu with 40000 actual miles but the question i have is has anyone out there put a heater core in one of these yet??????? somebody told me i had to drop the entire dash to change it . is this true?????? HELP before i start this nightmare ...

thanks to any help
cliff
ckt1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 11:40 AM   #2
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Re: 2000 malibu heater core

Does this have a center console?

If yes, the console has to be removed....the hush panel on the passenger side has to be removed.....clamp both heater core hoses to prevent loss of coolant.....remove clamps on end of hoses to the heater core....remove hoses from heater core tubes....remove right angle drain tube from the hvac drain on the firewall....

Moves seats as far back as possible.....pull carpet rearward.....there is a heater core panel secured with several 5.5mm screws....remove screws.....the panel fits in grooves ....you have to pull the panel down slightly to just clear the grooves, and then pull rearward....careful, if you don't pull down enough on the firewall end of the panel, you can crack or break that panel....that panel holds the condensate that goes out the drain tube....once removed, there is a metal fastener that has to be removed to pull down the core....
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tech II For This Useful Post:
ckt1965 (10-14-2017)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu