Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Aurora
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #16
1995oldsaurora
AF Regular

Re: crankshaft position sensors

ok, here's the latest update on my aurora and it's not good news..i decided to have the car towed to a garage and have it diagnosed..they said the fuel pressure was ok,which i already knew..what surprised me, was when he said it was getting a strong spark,spark ok too..mechanic concluded the no start problem was due to very low compression..he pulled all front spark plugs and tested for compression,all were low and thinks the timing chain jumped ? anyone have a opinion on this or any input? if this is the case it's probably time to say goodbye to my Aurora? $2000-$2500 to fix
1995oldsaurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #17
rkvons
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995oldsaurora View Post
ok, here's the latest update on my aurora and it's not good news..i decided to have the car towed to a garage and have it diagnosed..they said the fuel pressure was ok,which i already knew..what surprised me, was when he said it was getting a strong spark,spark ok too..mechanic concluded the no start problem was due to very low compression..he pulled all front spark plugs and tested for compression,all were low and thinks the timing chain jumped ? anyone have a opinion on this or any input? if this is the case it's probably time to say goodbye to my Aurora? $2000-$2500 to fix
Re-read your background paragraph. You said there was one incident and then the car ran fine for 2 weeks. Then, it simply did not start one morning. This does not sound like a timing chain slippage to me.
rkvons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:01 PM   #18
1995oldsaurora
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkvons View Post
Re-read your background paragraph. You said there was one incident and then the car ran fine for 2 weeks. Then, it simply did not start one morning. This does not sound like a timing chain slippage to me.
that was my thinking too,have any ideas why it won't start?
1995oldsaurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #19
peeweewasblue
AF Newbie

Over the years I have had 3 Auroras, got 2 of them cheap due to engine problems. Both had similar problems to what you are describing. One had jumped timing (which also bends exhaust valves). The other blew the head gasket. If you have the tools and knowhow, they can be rebuilt for $500 to $1000 depending on the extent of the damage. If you have a shop do it I can't even guess how much they will charge.
peeweewasblue is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Aurora