Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Quest | Presage | Serena
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 08:32 PM   #1
browserealty
AF Newbie

Keyless Remote Question????????

I just recently purchaed a '98 mercury villager/quest. I am not sure if it has keyless entry. I thought by looking into the fuse box it would have a separate fuse. Looking through my owner's manual I noticed that on the engine fuse block it has a spot for a fuse named "Keyless Entry Beeper, Timer Module". Would this be the answer? Their is a fuse here.

Anyway other way to tell if it does before I purchase a remote?

Thanks all.
browserealty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 10:48 PM   #2
mozeydozey
AF Newbie

Keyless Entry on eBay...

Check on eBay. It will list the year for your vehicle. Just type in "keyless entry nissan quest". You will find something there for you. I bought a replacement for my 2000 Quest for a nominal amount. Usually, the seller will provide you with the programming info with the fob as well. Good luck on your search.

Also bought some blank keys on eBay as well. Got some BOGUS info from the dealer. They wanted to charge me $80.00 to program the "chip" in the key that did not exist. I went to a local hardware store where they put my original key in a slot in some kind of box, a green light appeared that indicates there is no chip, and the cut it for me for a dollar.
mozeydozey is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Quest | Presage | Serena