Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Muscle Car / Hot Rod
WIP - Muscle Car / Hot Rod Post topics for any "Works In Progress" Muscle Car-Hot Rod vehicles projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 04:53 PM   #1
KTMkeith0
AF Newbie

My 1/25 bad ass Pontiac Trans Am build

I present to you my latest work in progress; A 1/25th scale 1969 scale Pontiac Trans-Am model that's I'm curb siding.

"Curb side" meaning: building a car model that has no engine detail, and also that one cannot be see the underneath ( unless that's the effect you want ) In this class, it's not allowed by contest judges to be picked up to see the undersides for judging.

What you can see without touching the model is what you are judged on in this class. So, above and beyond those basic modeling skills needed to win an award, the ultra tricked out ideas and executions in plastic ( or metal ) of those ideas are what matter the most in this class; I.E., the super smooth and deep looking painted surfaces and cleanly executed little details inside and outside are the criteria for winning.

Within my Pontiac, you can see some of the things that I've created. Inside the cabin, there are photo etched seat belts, a custom made roll bar, custom made speakers on the package tray, custom pedals, a custom made center console, the seats that have had the head rests removed and I've added metal posts to them so the head rest will rise or fall like most car seats have. The seats and interior have carbon fiber decals over them, and the dash details have been picked out using a silver pencil. the seats are Recaro and came from a japanese car model kit that I've long ago thrown out.

The exterior also has it's share of modifications. The side vents and hood scoops have been opened up, the windshield wipers have been deleted, the door handles are now gone too, and so are all of the factory emblems and body trim items of the original body. I de-chromed and tucked that big kidney shaped nose into the body, blending it smooth as if it was one with the front, and removed the rear bumper, filling in the big opening. The wheels and tires are represented as 20" rims and 35 & 40 series tires. Sure, they are a little cartoon looking, maybe .. but they fit well now that the body has been dropped to the max and .. well, I think the look is just right!

This is suppose to be an indoor show car ( like you'd see at a George Barris car show ) and it's not meant to be a daily driver. Being only a model, I can get away with that! As you know, real show cars are wax hogs and dust magnets!

I'm a little closer to finished after last night's work session But still, there's a lot left to do. Oh yea, the roll bar color will also be the body color.

You can check out some of my other works at the smugmug website link as well, as I have a few of my other creations posted there.

So here's the link:

http://baileysupercars.smugmug.com/A...5868739_Hzs5TM

Like I say at the end of all my Ebay ads; "thanks for looking!"
... Keith
KTMkeith0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KTMkeith0 For This Useful Post:
Warner Gago (01-12-2014)
Old 01-17-2014, 08:41 PM   #2
mstngcobrasvt98
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mstngcobrasvt98 Send a message via Yahoo to mstngcobrasvt98
Re: My 1/25 bad ass Pontiac Trans Am build

Very nice build. Just wondering what you used for the seat belts? I'm trying to decide what to do with my kit. It looks like tape with P/E hardware. Do you mind telling me who the hardware is from?
Another go at it:
2 Fast 2 Furious Skyline.. Pt. 2
mstngcobrasvt98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:42 AM   #3
KTMkeith0
AF Newbie

Very nice build. Just wondering what you used for the seat belts? I'm trying to decide what to do with my kit. It looks like tape with P/E hardware. Do you mind telling me who the hardware is from?

Thank you for the nice comment, and I am not finished with the build yet. The seat belt set is from the Detail Master photo etch group of aftermarket detail kits. I used the blue masking tape that comes with the kit to make my belts from. I found the kit at my local hobby shop but I have also seen them on Ebay. It cost me $6.00... not a lot invested in it. If you use photo etch seat belt sets then be prepared to tape the photo etch part down to a hard surface while you cut them free from the tree. They are very small, and they become invisible if they fly away when you snip. I lost several parts but hunted them down and saved them. Still I lost a few. There are more photo etch parts on the sheet than you need - my guess is that the maker knows they are easy to loose. Stay tuned to my smugmug page because I will be posting more picture this next week as I work to finish this model soon in an attempt to get it finished for an upcoming February model contest. . . .

Keith
Old 01-19-2014, 08:43 AM   #4
KTMkeith0
AF Newbie

" Very nice build. Just wondering what you used for the seat belts? I'm trying to decide what to do with my kit. It looks like tape with P/E hardware. Do you mind telling me who the hardware is from? "

Thank you for the nice comment, and I am not finished with the build yet. The seat belt set is from the Detail Master photo etch group of aftermarket detail kits. I used the blue masking tape that comes with the kit to make my belts from. I found the kit at my local hobby shop but I have also seen them on Ebay. It cost me $6.00... not a lot invested in it. If you use photo etch seat belt sets then be prepared to tape the photo etch part down to a hard surface while you cut them free from the tree. They are very small, and they become invisible if they fly away when you snip. I lost several parts but hunted them down and saved them. Still I lost a few. There are more photo etch parts on the sheet than you need - my guess is that the maker knows they are easy to loose. Stay tuned to my smugmug page because I will be posting more picture this next week as I work to finish this model soon in an attempt to get it finished for an upcoming February model contest. . . .

Keith
Old 12-20-2015, 04:59 PM   #5
rambenna
AF Regular

looks great , nice work

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Muscle Car / Hot Rod