Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Suburban
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
PatrickJunior
AF Newbie

Help with power from my fuse box!

I will installing some strobe lights on my 1993 Chevy Suburban and I think I have everything downpacked except for where im getting my power from..

I have a positive and negitive wire that needs to be ran to my battery but I was told that I can jus run it to my fuse box instead, Im not exactly sure how to do that and I am looking for a little more insight on that..

Thanks for anywho who can help..
Old 04-27-2010, 08:19 AM   #2
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Re: Help with power from my fuse box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickJunior View Post
I will installing some strobe lights on my 1993 Chevy Suburban and I think I have everything downpacked except for where im getting my power from..

I have a positive and negitive wire that needs to be ran to my battery but I was told that I can jus run it to my fuse box instead, Im not exactly sure how to do that and I am looking for a little more insight on that..

Thanks for anywho who can help..
the ground wire should go to the frame ground that will result in the shortest run...the feed to the lights should go to the fuse box and with the fuse of the correct size installed on the feed wire to your strobe switch / controller ..you can tap into the fuse box supply side with a connector and run off the battery feed source or the ignition on feed source ..

the fuse of your strobe lights must be at the fuse box supply ..closest to the source of power to prevent vehicle damage..
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Suburban