Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Daewoo > Nubira
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 04:14 AM   #1
AngryOne
AF Newbie

Nubira is bad,bad,bad,bad

Daewoo is a problem car. Have an 8 year old and since it was only 2 years old it have been numerous of problems with it. Electrical system bad and mechanical like brakes, engine. Suspension squeeking, specially when cold. Windows doesn't work properly, doors freezes when cold, no matter how often you lubricate them (have done it many times, but tired of taking off the inner door plate every time). Now I have to change the brakes on the back wheel again, after only 2 years and 5 - 6000km. All the break fluid pipes is bad and have to be replaced. Changed the top (powerhead) gasket after only 122.000km. Had to completely demount the whole engine to get it out. Head lights blinking, backing (reverse) lights doesn't work, can't find the problem. Had to change the locks on the front door, and now after only a few months they busted again. Poor system. Safety anti theft (starting stopper) acts, been like that for years. Problems starting it from time to time. And the list goes on and on. Have owned/driven everyting from Lada to BMW and Mercedes and trucks. Been working with and driven cars/trucks for 20 years and never experienced a worse car than Daewoo. Even the Lada was better and 100 times more reliable. And Chevrolet must have been insane wanting to put their mark on that crappy thing. Bad, bad, bad. My is going to the trash, not wanting to waste more money on it. Fix one thing and another shows up.
AngryOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 08:53 PM   #2
Gregpaul49
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to Gregpaul49
Smile Re: Nubira is bad,bad,bad,bad

I purchased a new 2000 Nubira SE in May 2000 and have driven it over 93,000 miles, so I am qualified to comment on the car. The 4 cylinder engine is made by GM Holden in Australia and has been reliable. The automatic transmission is the same as used on Chevrolet Cavaliers and has been reliable.

My Daewoo has never failed to start, even in cold weather. And it has never left me stranded. Therefore, I can say that it is the most reliable car that I have ever owned.

I have had to replace the front end suspension parts twice. The lower control arm is probably a week spot. I advise all Daewoo Nubir owners to check their front tires frequently and have the front end aligned when needed. The disk brakes must be maintained as calipers and rotars must be replaced occasionally. The spark plugs, cables, and timing belt should be replaced after 36,000 miles per the owners' manual. My car still has the original timing belt, spark plugs, and spark plug cables. If the timing belt breaks the engine will be destroyed, but that is also true of Hondas that have a timing belt.

The Daewoo Nubira is now sold as a Suzuki Forenza.
Gregpaul49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 01:29 AM   #3
AngryOne
AF Newbie

Re: Nubira is bad,bad,bad,bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregpaul49
I purchased a new 2000 Nubira SE in May 2000 and have driven it over 93,000 miles, so I am qualified to comment on the car. The 4 cylinder engine is made by GM Holden in Australia and has been reliable. The automatic transmission is the same as used on Chevrolet Cavaliers and has been reliable.

My Daewoo has never failed to start, even in cold weather. And it has never left me stranded. Therefore, I can say that it is the most reliable car that I have ever owned.

I have had to replace the front end suspension parts twice. The lower control arm is probably a week spot. I advise all Daewoo Nubir owners to check their front tires frequently and have the front end aligned when needed. The disk brakes must be maintained as calipers and rotars must be replaced occasionally. The spark plugs, cables, and timing belt should be replaced after 36,000 miles per the owners' manual. My car still has the original timing belt, spark plugs, and spark plug cables. If the timing belt breaks the engine will be destroyed, but that is also true of Hondas that have a timing belt.

The Daewoo Nubira is now sold as a Suzuki Forenza.
I'm not english so not so familiar with writing tech in english.
But, I've driven cars and motorcycles since I was 14, I've worked with cars and I've worked as truck driver for several years (I'm now 41). So you might say that I know about cars. First I'm not stupid. Of course I can hear the difference between something loose in the trunk and noises from the car. I could make a long list about the car but list would be too long. Maybe they've made the car better now, but I will never buy a Deawoo again. Here in Norway it's now sold under the brand Chevrolet (Chevrolet Nubira). The engine in the model I owned is from Opel. It's just an old Opel engine. The only good thing about it was that it always started, if you could get into it in cold weather that is. Brakes was weak and had a bad performance, Weak break pipes. Bad suspension, poor performance and squeeky and noisy. Even experienced loosing grip when driving on curved and wet roads. As I wrote also the electrical system was poor, at least here where we have cold and moist climate a good deal of the year. As I said the head light and other lights blinked/surged often. That can either be poor wiring (wire dimension is wrong) or just very bad system in general. Just to 'underline' my saying I've friends who are owning garages/work shops, and they came to the same conclusion as I. Deawoo is not a good car at all. I know have a good car, a Mazda Premacy 1.8 Exclusive. Came on top in European test along with Toyota as the most reliable car. Never a Korean car again.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:35 AM   #4
AngryOne
AF Newbie

Re: Nubira is bad,bad,bad,bad

Just added information. I had stick, not manual transmission.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Daewoo > Nubira