Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Articles > Technical Corner > Tech Check
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 12:24 AM   #1
bmwjoe
AF Newbie

I need HELP car wont start in cold please help

I am in chicago visiting for a superbowl party I need my car to start to get home to indiana. It cranks but does not turn over. I kept cranking it then eventually it would like die after about a minute and start just clicking. I do not know that much about cars and am stuck here and its very important I fix it and get it home. I have pushed it in a garage not sure what to do next. I just got the battery last year so I think its good any suggetions or ideas on what I should try next I am up for anything. 93 bmw 325i
Thanks,
joe
bmwjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:51 PM   #2
rammit53
AF Newbie

Re: I need HELP car wont start in cold please help

well i would first suggest not cranking it for so long unless you happen to have a few extra bucks for a starter. when you crank untill the vehicle "clicks" means that you have extinguished the batteries ability to start your car. the clicking sound is the ignition relay continuously engaging but the battery does not have enough charge to maintain a connection. your going to need to either charge your battery, or buy a new one. in order for an engine to start it must be turned at a minimum of four hundred RPM's, if your battery doesn't have that kind of power then it will just turn until it dies. try a new battery and see what you get. good luck
rammit53 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Articles > Technical Corner > Tech Check