Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Viper | Viper SRT19 Roadster
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 10:04 PM   #16
Viper 10
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: You'll love this then

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtigert
These brakes DO NOT suck!
Those are aftermarket brakes and they do suck. Wilwoods are for show, not for go. They do not hold up on technical road courses that demand braking. The bridge is held in by a cotter pin...

IMO, if you are going to do aftermarket brakes in the Viper world, Stop Tech's are the way to go.

Viper 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 12:57 AM   #17
rtigert
AF Newbie

Ummm, Okay? That must be true because several winning cars in NASCAR, SCCA, Grand Am, URC, Craftsman truck series racing,and open wheel cars are using them. Thanks for the tip.

If you would like to reasure yourself about how badly they suck, you can look here for verification: http://www.wilwood.com/hotnews.cfm

I never thought that I would see the day when a 14" 6-piston caliper brake system would suck. I can only imagine that when you apply your brakes that your car actually moves BACKWARDS... Pfffft!
rtigert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 02:00 AM   #18
Viper 10
AF Enthusiast

That shows us how much that you know about racing bozo. When does a Nascar ever use brakes??? Only when they are going to the pits.

I have seen first hand your wonderful POS Wilwoods cotter pins melt on a road race course... the result was that the bridges came out and the pads popped out like toast.

You read way too many magazines and are drinking the Kool-Aid brother. Go ahead and waste your money on that garbage. Anyone who knows anything about competitive Vipers and brakes do not use Wilwoods (even if they are free). Why don't you go on the VCA forum and see how many posers use Wilwoods versus the number of racers who use either Stop Techs or Brembo Monoblocks?

If you really do own that gawdy looking ACR, I can tell which group that you fall into... the good ol' wine & cheese party dyno/ garage queen poser's.

Old 09-26-2003, 10:32 PM   #19
VenomInMyVeins
AF Enthusiast

Re: Dodge Viper ACR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japmetal
That one's yours ?? VERY NICE !!

BTW; I'm sure I've seen it explained before, but what's ACR ?
Out of all these guys I'm surprised that no one answered your question. ACR is Dodge's American Club Racing edition of the viper.

and RtigerT I agree with viper 10... well.. sorta. Go with some brembo's man... they're quality.
VenomInMyVeins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 01:12 AM   #20
rtigert
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Dodge Viper ACR

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomInMyVeins

and RtigerT I agree with viper 10... well.. sorta. Go with some brembo's man... they're quality.
Point taken. It is really no sweat to me. Thanks for the tips.
rtigert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 01:17 AM   #21
Viper 10
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Dodge Viper ACR

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomInMyVeins
Out of all these guys I'm surprised that no one answered your question. ACR is Dodge's American Club Racing edition of the viper.

Brembo's are only as good as the tuner that sets them up. If Archer Racing sets it up then you are good to go. Stop Tech is the dominant brake set up in the Viper world. My car was used as the prototype.

Brembo monoblocks go for $10,000 a set. These are the best racing brakes around.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Viper | Viper SRT19 Roadster