Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 11:42 PM   #1
E_Racer
AF Newbie

Replacing Alternator

For those of you that have replaced an alternator. I am in the process of doing that to my 90 integra. but i am stuck at the part where you pry out the inboard driveshaft from the intermediate shaft. It is like stuck there. i tried using a screwdriver and such but it wont come out. That is the only thing in my way of having access to the alternator. Anyone have any tips on how to pry it out? Thanx.
E_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 07:12 PM   #2
E_Racer
AF Newbie

Re: Replacing Alternator

nobody knows?
Old 11-18-2003, 02:44 AM   #3
chuckyhacks
AF Newbie

i think u can get the alternator out w/o removing the halfshaft. if she's up on jack stands u can slide it out behind the shaft, u might have to take off the oil filter, but i read it can be done. i will be replacing mine as soon as i get the part.

chuckyhacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 01:17 PM   #4
91LSspecial
AF Regular

Talking Re: Replacing Alternator

i just replaced my alternator yesterday, and i try all of saturday to get the alternator out without touching the axle, but no luck.
i am not good with the names of the parts on the car, but i think you're talking about that one bolt that faces down that had a crown nut on it. if so you have to get a rubber mallet and have the crown nut still on so not to harm the threads and then hit it just right and you will hear it pop. that is if you dont have the specialty tool, if that isnt what you're talking about then....good luck
91LSspecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 08:23 PM   #5
E_Racer
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Replacing Alternator

nah thats the lower tie rod. and the castle nut that your talking about. Yea i tried doing it without taking out anything. but no luck. i spent bout 5 days on this shiet and im bout to go insane. only thing left is that stupid intermediate shaft and the driveshaft ( cv boot area) . but the alternator itself has alot of bolts that are on really tight and its really hard to reach..im about to give up on this whole shiet. now that i think bout it, i should have just paid a mechanic to do it. word of advice dont attempt to do this your self.. without proper tools and you will go insane. anybody in the 909 Riverside area down to help me?