Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 07:47 AM   #1
jewishj
AF Newbie

rsx engine problems

I have recently been reading alot about the engine problems (or lack of.. depending on where you stand on the issue).. and was just wondering if the rumors (or truths) is a problem with all RSX's (2002 and 2003) or just the 2002's?

Thanks
jewishj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 02:09 PM   #2
Cheryl Price
AF Newbie

Just to let you know I have a 2002 RSX purchased January 20, 2003,
4 months later, my engine blew. I had it towed and it is under warranty, acura replaced with a brand new engine. But I will tell you that before they replaced it, they took the blown engine apart to see if I had misused, redlined or abused it in any way. I guess if I did they wouldn't of paid for it. But they did say they do not know why it happened, but I was one of the unfortunate ones -

Yes, my engine went in my brand new RSX Type S.
Cheryl Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 02:26 PM   #3
rsxer45
AF Premium User

Re: rsx engine problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Price
4 months later, my engine blew. I had it towed and it is under warranty, acura replaced with a brand new engine. But I will tell you that before they replaced it, they took the blown engine apart to see if I had misused, redlined or abused it in any way. I guess if I did they wouldn't of paid for it. But they did say they do not know why it happened, but I was one of the unfortunate ones -

Can you be more specific about the circumstances/driving conditions just prior to the time the engine blew?

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee. Power hath decended forth from thy hand so our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. And we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."
---Murphy and Conner MacManus
rsxer45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 03:05 PM   #4
robertsala
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Price

I purchased brand new an RSX Type-S about one year and 4 months ago and my engine blewout on fire about 3 weeks ago. Acura at Puerto Rico has decided to pass the invoice/estimate to my private insurance company. I find this unfair! I was driving at about 50mph with my girlfriend, was a constant speed, not shifting until BLAM!! the engine blew and motor oil spilled under the car reaching to the back bumper lit up on fire. The driving conditions:a good highway, saturday afternoon and slightly rainning(just in case anyone asks what conditions I was driving). What did Acura say or do that they took it under warranty? What was their excuse? I need feedback for my insurance company to continue my case. Thank you
robertsala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 04:51 PM   #5
RSX-S777
AF Enthusiast

Yeah, I read all that stuff right after I got my 2003 and started to bug out. I hear about incidents like the guys above- but have spoken to 2 Honda/Acura cert. veteran mechanics and they tell me they havent come across any cars that blew engines for no reason. My car has been solid. I don't know what to believe- are these just freak occurences, or what?
RSX-S777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 01:52 AM   #6
Praetorin
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Praetorin Send a message via MSN to Praetorin
I would say freak occurance, i havne't heard of any serious defects in the engine.
Old 12-15-2003, 10:35 AM   #7
robertsala
AF Newbie

Re: Re: rsx engine problems

My insurance company found faulty electrical engine problems associated with the REVLIMIT and the VTEC technology. Visit also www.alldata.com and you will find a list of recalls/problems with the engine,ignition,electrical among other small problems. Out of many cases, very but very few people report problems like mine due to the reputation of Acura and/or Honda. Even though my car can be fixed with a new engine and re-installation of the electrical wiring, this does not stop me from shutting up and advertise this at the newspapers in Puerto Rico. People should know what Acura is covering...
robertsala is offline   Reply With Quote