Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Tires and Wheels
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-26-2002, 01:44 PM   #1
Me I aM cOoL
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Me I aM cOoL
Full Suspension...

I have a '97 Prelude. I want to lower it and maybe run some SCCA events. I want to get KYB shocks and maybe Eibach pro-kit springs. Of course this is going to totally f#ck up my camber. The problem is that I don't know what camber kit to buy. When I had the Pro-kit on my 93 Si with stock shocks it threw the camber off 2-2.5*. That lead to major tire wear. When I bought a kit for it the car was too low for the control arm to clear the inside fender well. Do I need new control arms? I am at a loss here. I am not installing or buying anything until I ahve all the parts. So, suggestions are needed. I have no clue what to do. I NEED HELP D@MN IT!

Alan

AOL IS THE DEVIL!!
Me I aM cOoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 11:24 PM   #2
90CRXZCSi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to 90CRXZCSi Send a message via Yahoo to 90CRXZCSi
The eibachs should only lower it about 1.8". You will only need a camber kit for anything above that. You can make your own camber kit for the rear but maybe get a Skunk 2 camber kit or something to solve the problem or you can shave the control arm a little bit to make it fit.
90CRXZCSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 08:52 AM   #3
Me I aM cOoL
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Me I aM cOoL
I ordered a camber kit after the Eibachs were installed. The kit would have fixed the camber but the control arm wouldn't fit as I said before. We shaved the control arms and they still wouldn't clear the fender well after the corrections had been made. Maybe I went about it the wrong way. I do believe the Eibachs lowered the car more than 1.8". Maybe 1.8" initial drop but after settling for 2 weeks the drop had to be about 2.0"-2.3". Insanity. Keep in mind I was running on stock shocks. I am going to have to experiment a little I think.

Alan

AOL IS THE DEVIL!!
Me I aM cOoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 07:17 PM   #4
h22lude
AF Newbie

Re: Full Suspension...

sorry to ask a question in your thread, but where can i buy new control arms? thanks
h22lude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 07:29 PM   #5
PhiberOptik
AF Enthusiast

Re: Full Suspension...

modacar.com
PhiberOptik is offline   Reply With Quote