Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 01:31 PM   #16
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25
Re: How often do I see a photo of an F1 I can't identify?

Adding to the story - I had heard somewhere (and it may have been here) that the "Creighton Brown" color name was made up and applied somewhat humorously to a car that was chosen to be painted a unique shade of brown.

How many licks to the center of a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop again?

>8^)
ER
Peloton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:04 PM   #17
Le Man
AF Enthusiast

If that is #029, then it got a quick repaint

I will find out more!! this has got me going, something does not tie up
Le Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:32 PM   #18
McLaren F1 Guy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to McLaren F1 Guy

Whoa! Nice find! The gold wheels look cool.

There's no power greater than / / / M
McLaren F1 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:19 PM   #19
payso
AF Regular

hmm, ive been thinking........ seeing as its supposedly a Drug Lords car, maybe one of his dodgy cronies did a drive-by or petrol job in it??? sure could explain the number plates

or.............. its a back-street ringer

sorry couldnt help myself.
ill refrain from making any further posts like this
Old 01-23-2007, 03:54 AM   #20
cabrio92
www.McLF1.com

Send a message via MSN to cabrio92

Very interesting thread !

I like puzzle like this
We hope you will find the answer

Phil
Old 01-23-2007, 01:21 PM   #21
Le Man
AF Enthusiast

I,m wrong

Called to see my friend today,

check out the bumper in the right hand side of this pic. Not the same shade of brown, on recollection he remembers the shade as being mid brown/bronze.

The car was in the early stage of build. Sorry no other pics of this colour car.

I now have no idea what chassis#, that chocolate coloured F1 is.

"Perhaps UPS have a fleet of F1,s delivering parcels (or should that be packets) in Mexico."
Old 01-24-2007, 03:45 AM   #22
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Man
check out the bumper in the right hand side of this pic. Not the same shade of brown, on recollection he remembers the shade as being mid brown/bronze.

The car was in the early stage of build. Sorry no other pics of this colour car.
I think you are definitely on to something though, in more ways than one my friend.

Recall these screenshots you shared in this previous post:

Those seem to match up exactly with the color of that bumper. The timing from when that video was shot based on other cars pictured had left me suspicious that this was #029 back when you originally posted them. These images may actually show the car's final color as this is not how it's original color was described to me. I'm becoming increasingly convinced...

= = = = = =

Now back to the car that started this thread and another of your sets of screenshots - thanks again by the way.

In my opinion - this color that you identified as #039 "Creighton Brown" here in this post seems like it could definitely be an exact match for the F1 seen in Mexico. Here's your tiny color sample:

In fact just like with #029 above, I'm increasingly convinced that we are looking at chassis #039 in Mexico because of some info I got from another source in regards to the license plate 'P440 CPJ' seen on this car. He told me:

Quote:
The car plate is a normal UK plate. It normally gets assigned to the car for life, although its easily transfered via the DVLA.

One thing to note. It is P registered. By law, you can not put a registration number/letter newer than the car was first registered. i.e: you cant have a 2001 Merc C-class and put a 2006 reg on it to make it newer. You can put an older reg on it though.

Looking at UK registrations letters and dates...

01 August 1996 31 July 1997

That means, 'officially' that the car couldn't have been registered until after August 1996.
The reason he made this point was that he saw the Brazilian Brown car in what he thinks was 1995 (possibly 1996) and recalled Ron Dennis' first drive in it being on Easter of that year as it was the talk of the factory for several days. It would have needed to have been registered at that point, thus there is no way that #029 could be legally wearing the plate we see in these photos regardless of which year he spotted it. That makes sense to me, and almost positively excludes #029 from the list of possibilities here and firms up my opinion that the Mexico F1 is indeed chassis #039.

Another thing he recalled about #029 was a light tan interior which after a decade of memory loss (hey, it happens to the best of us ) could definitely describe what is seen in those screenshots. He said that apparently Creighton did have his own F1, but that the only car he ever saw the man driving was XP5.

Time will tell of course, but at this point I do think these are both becoming safe assumptions unless someone has information to the contrary they would like to share. Remember too, I am usually the skeptic around here lately when someone uses circumstantial evidence to positively identify an F1.

For now I feel comfortable calling each one "possibly #029" and "possibly #039" as referenced above.

>8^)
ER

Last edited by Peloton25; 01-24-2007 at 04:37 AM.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:55 AM   #23
cabrio92
www.McLF1.com

Send a message via MSN to cabrio92

Interesting Peloton,

it's a shame we have not rear pics
So, I have another question : why #06R has this plate today ? Any possibility the car pictured was owned by David Clark ?

Phil
Old 01-24-2007, 11:39 AM   #24
Le Man
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloton25
I think you are definitely on to something though, in more ways than one my friend.

= = = = = =

For now I feel comfortable calling each one "possibly #029" and "possibly #039" as referenced above.

>8^)
ER
I,m comfortable with that as well, although a few things still do not tie up!!

#039 Was built in mid 95, Thus if it was registered for use in the UK, it would have run a M reg plate. However if it got registered after Aug 1st 95, it will have been N reg. So from those reg details #039, sat around for over a year before registration??

But what is really interesting with these two chassis (or even three) is that the owners were not afraid to experiment with unique colour schemes, inside and out. A lot more adventerous than plain old silver!!

Last edited by Le Man; 01-24-2007 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:40 PM   #25
Le Man
AF Enthusiast

Thought I would add this pic in hear, Check out the exterior and interior colours.........any comments.

029? or 039?
Old 01-26-2007, 09:42 PM   #26
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

My vote on that shot continues to be #012, the TAG-Heuer F1, until proven otherwise.

>8^)
ER
Old 01-27-2007, 12:27 AM   #27
BMW.WilliamsF1Team
AF Enthusiast

Wow, that color looks stunning! Just get rid of the gold wheels and it'll look perfect. Nice find and very interesting story.
BMW.WilliamsF1Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 09:28 AM   #28
Le Man
AF Enthusiast

Is the factory build sheet wrong.....I think so, after I read this article again,

(once open, click again)

Go to paragraph 5, then check the date. This issue would have a print deadline around mid Febuary 95. So if this brown/pink shade of car was a talking point at this time. That makes the Creighton Brown colour chassis 029. Interesting to read it was built for a customer in Japan.

Erik, Please check the interior colour again, on that car under the Enzo on the lift. Since when did the TAG Heuer car have a brown interior?

So this must make #039 brazilian brown metallic, which makes sense when comparing the colours in the pics that have been posted. Which had not been built by this issue date. This I worked out, as I know the production dates, of all the GTR,s.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:13 PM   #29
hurstg01
AF Fanatic

Thanked 1,498 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Man
Is the factory build sheet wrong.....I think so, after I read this article again,

(once open, click again)

Go to paragraph 5, then check the date. This issue would have a print deadline around mid Febuary 95. So if this brown/pink shade of car was a talking point at this time. That makes the Creighton Brown colour chassis 029. Interesting to read it was built for a customer in Japan.

Erik, Please check the interior colour again, on that car under the Enzo on the lift. Since when did the TAG Heuer car have a brown interior?

So this must make #039 brazilian brown metallic, which makes sense when comparing the colours in the pics that have been posted. Which had not been built by this issue date. This I worked out, as I know the production dates, of all the GTR,s.
Great find, and this makes sound reasoning too....
Old 01-27-2007, 12:30 PM   #30
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

This changes everything... possibly.

McLaren being wrong about something is definitely a theory I could get my head around. Us being wrong about something is also a possibility.

Actually, I think you are on to something for sure. If your current assumption proves to be correct, and the car at Iding Power is not #012, then here's another photo of it showing the brown interior, previously believed to be #012 taken at a Japan Motorsport Festival (year unknown).

I will add though that the Minichamps 1/43rd scale TAG-Heuer F1 has a tan interior.

Another thing that supports your theory is that I'm fairly certain the original owner of the "Aubergine" car (#016) was tied to Iding Power (probably it's owner, Mr Ide) and that color is one of the most unique you will find. Maybe he decided to trade up to something different, but still wanted a very unique color?

I also have to say that I will be disappointed if the car spotted at Iding Power is not #012 as that will mean that car is now MIA again.

>8^)
ER

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1