Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Range Rover | Range Rover Sport | Evoque
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 07:32 PM   #1
LandRoverGrrl
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to LandRoverGrrl
Rangie pix

I hear a lot about people having problems with their Rangies. How about something good for a change? I have so many problems with my Rangie, but I love him. I live in New England and my heater doesn't work...at all. I still get up early every day and throw on a couple extra layers of clothes to drive him to work. He doesn't like to idle (i think it may be the injectors...) so I won't let anyone drive him anymore. He doesn't shift right on the highway (i need to adjust the kickdown cable some more...), but it's okay. He's my truck and I love him. I bought him used so there was a little bit of neglect that I'm still trying to catch up with. Anyways, there's my . For whatever it's worth. I still get a goofy smile when I see him out in the parking lot. All those Land Rovers, and mine's the best looking and the most fun.

1991 "Great Divide" Range Rover ~ "Wayne"
LandRoverGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 05:04 PM   #2
Ebooters
AF Newbie

Re: Rangie pix

Hi car looks good if the heaters not getting hot is the engine ? if not the injection system will over fuel
wheres the temp gauge sitting
Ebooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 06:20 PM   #3
LandRoverGrrl
AF Newbie

The engine does get hot. I have the "heater" set so it pulls the heat through the engine. I get heat while I'm cruising down the highway through the four vents on top of the dash. The temp gauge has always been normal (except for when I sprayed the radiator with the pressure washer to get all the mud out, and for a couple days it didn't work.). It always stays in the middle where it's supposed to be. My best friend and I are actually gonna pull codes on the check engine light (that's been on for four months) either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Damn, my truck's fun. He's like one of those big 1000 piece puzzles that you can't put together.

Old 11-02-2004, 03:18 PM   #4
Ebooters
AF Newbie

Hi let me know what they are i will see if i can help
Old 11-03-2004, 06:11 PM   #5
LandRoverGrrl
AF Newbie

Well this morning, after a bit of a battle to get him started in front of my best friend (Fred), we pulled the codes off Wayne. They were:

Fault Code (FC) 44 Lambda Sensor Bank A
FC 45 Lambda Sensor Bank B
FC 25 Ignition Misfire
FC 40 Misfire Bank A
FC 12 Air Flow Meter
FC 36 Injector Bank B
FC 18 Air flow/throttle mismatch
FC 19 Air flow/throttle mismatch
Invalid FC 121 stored
Invalid FC 122 stored
Invalid FC 123 stored
Invalid FC 125 stored
Invalid FC 126 stored
FC 48 Stepper Motor
Invalid FC 129 stored

Anyone want a Range Rover cheap? I'm joking. I love my truck. Fred is dead set on the throttle positioning sensor being junk, so he wants to try and swap it out with one from a truck on the lot that we know is good to see if that's it. I'm having doubts about that being the only thing that's wrong. Oh well. Your thoughts are welcome! Thank you.

Old 11-04-2004, 02:49 PM   #6
Cbass94
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Cbass94

Hey Land Rover Girl,
I'll offer my .02 here too. The Air flow meter and lambda sensors being bad probably caused the misfires to happen along with (possibly) the fuel injector code. If I were you, I would start by replacing the Lambda (O2) sensors, then clear the codes, drive it for a bit and have them checked out after a few days to see if any came back. That should help you narrow down the problems.

BTW, how many miles do the current O2 sensors have on them? and how many does the truck have total?

"Kick his a$$ Sea Bass!"
Cbass94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 05:29 PM   #7
Ebooters
AF Newbie

Lamba sensors wont cause missfire fault but will come up if you have a misfire they do cause idle issues
have you got a misfire ??
Old 11-05-2004, 07:38 PM   #8
LandRoverGrrl
AF Newbie

He probably is misfiring coz there are times that it takes me at least 10 minutes to start him. I'm not sure if the timing's off...I've heard that around 200K, the Classic's timing chains go, and I'm almost at 212K. Where exactly are the O2 sensors? Are they part of the exhaust? My boyfriend wanted me to replace all the injectors. He was thinking that with my fuel line being so rotted, that maybe some chunks of rust got up and clogged them a bit. I already replaced the fuel filter, which is what we thought the original problem was. I also did all the spark plugs and put a new air filter in. I've left him home the past couple days coz my boyfriend was out of town and I had the chance to take his warm and reliable car to work. Next week I think I'll start driving him again and get Fred to help me out a little more. Thanks a bunch guys. Y'all are fantastic!

Old 11-06-2004, 04:36 PM   #9
Ebooters
AF Newbie

hi you need to go back to basics pull out the plugs keep them in order let me know how they look number one is the front one on right as you look at the engine cheers carl
Old 11-07-2004, 05:06 PM   #10
LandRoverGrrl
AF Newbie

The spark plugs? I just replaced all them two weeks ago. Brand spankin' new. And this problem was happening BEFORE I replaced them, so I know that isn't the problem.

Old 11-08-2004, 05:18 PM   #11
Ebooters
AF Newbie

im sure plugs ok need to know what they look like now it will give me a clue if you have clyinder out cheers carl
Old 11-08-2004, 06:41 PM   #12
LandRoverGrrl
AF Newbie

oooh. i got it! Give me a couple days. I'm busy Tuesday and Wednesday night...Thursday I'll probably be able to pull them out. Thanks!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Range Rover | Range Rover Sport | Evoque