Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 10:41 PM   #76
lezdep
AF Regular

Post Re: Tamiya 1/12 Enzo Ferrari..... Whats in the box... First Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiwee View Post
...Anyone know whos going to be the first to come out with p/e and such??
Here is response post on GPMA mail list from Matthew Wells of SMS -

We are going to do an extensive photoetch set based on our Really, Really Big PE set format. We are also doing a full carbon fiber template set utilizing our
Clear Carbon Fiber Tech Art technique allowing you to specify whatever color you want your CF pattern to be. Both the PE and CF sets will be sold separately,
plus we already have our Enzo Up Close & Mechanical Photo CD with over 200 high detail photos of every square inch of the only "Michael Schumacher" Enzo ever
made. The Enzo we had full access to was featured in Cavalino Magazine right after the model was first released. Not sure if we'll be doing any turned metal
components, the cost of production makes that type of detail almost impossible to accomplish these days.
lezdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:36 AM   #77
roymattblack
AF Regular

Re: Tamiya 1/12 Enzo Ferrari..... Whats in the box... First Look

Mine arrived today......
YIPPEEEEEE!!!

But there's still an AAARRRGGGHHHH.......

I got stung £53 import duty!!!!!!!!

OUCH!!!

Mind you, it STILL works out at over £100 cheaper than if I bought it in the UK.

Roy.
roymattblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:20 AM   #78
SmokeyR67
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lezdep View Post
Here is response post on GPMA mail list from Matthew Wells of SMS -

We are going to do an extensive photoetch set based on our Really, Really Big PE set format. We are also doing a full carbon fiber template set utilizing our
Clear Carbon Fiber Tech Art technique allowing you to specify whatever color you want your CF pattern to be. Both the PE and CF sets will be sold separately,
plus we already have our Enzo Up Close & Mechanical Photo CD with over 200 high detail photos of every square inch of the only "Michael Schumacher" Enzo ever
made. The Enzo we had full access to was featured in Cavalino Magazine right after the model was first released. Not sure if we'll be doing any turned metal
components, the cost of production makes that type of detail almost impossible to accomplish these days.

Fantastic news!

Now, would anyone like to buy my kidney?

Smokey
SmokeyR67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #79
roymattblack
AF Regular

My kit arrived today and after a read of the 90-stage, 36 page instructions, and a good look at the contents - around 900 parts, NOT the 600+ that has been mentioned elsewhere......
I really CAN'T see the point of an add-on detail kit.
I honestly can't see what can be added.
I've never seen so much plumbing and wiring in a kit - all with detailed connectors and fittings.
The brakes are amazing and a couple of etched disc faces won't add much here, as they're ceramic anyway.
The badges are 3d and in full colour, the interior is awesome, it has fabric and etched seat harnesses, the engine has to be seen to be believed, the suspension is already made of metal and there's even Ferrari luggage in the front!
I don't doubt a detail kit will appear, but I for one certainly wouldn't waste my money on one.
It really would be next to pointless.
Even OOB, this kit is a HUGE, seriously detailed project.
Roy.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:20 PM   #80
ferrari2k
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to ferrari2k

Well, what I am personally waiting for, and really want to add to the kit, are CF decals.
And that's where I need the reference pictures
This kit just deserves that
ferrari2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #81
BVC500
AF Enthusiast

When they say "full carbon fiber template set," does that mean they'll not include carbon templates for the monocoque, like they missed on their 1/24 Enzo detail set??? womp womp.
BVC500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #82
Enzoenvy1
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVC500 View Post
When they say "full carbon fiber template set," does that mean they'll not include carbon templates for the monocoque, like they missed on their 1/24 Enzo detail set??? womp womp.
Well played sir, well played, lol.
Enzoenvy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:22 PM   #83
robertgreen94
AF Newbie

Based on the reply from SMS, I am not sure if they are talking about the interior CF kit for the Enzo, or are we taking about an exterior kit, similar to the FXX kit. An Enzo done with the clear CF would be cool, if a little costly. The Enzo kit is aprox $50, so my guess is that the 1/12 would be North of $100 for the interior, so a full interior and exterior could add another $200.
That said it would be sweet!
robertgreen94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #84
turbothirtytwo
AF Regular

why wasting money on huge amount of CF if u have lady tights? (or stockings is it called?)
turbothirtytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:12 PM   #85
roymattblack
AF Regular

My Enzo kit will get 'several' sheets of CF decal......
Cost????
Around £10!
Time to apply?????
Probly huge!!!
Roy.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:15 PM   #86
guiwee
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzoenvy1 View Post
Well played sir, well played, lol.
"I second that emotion"
guiwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #87
xerox3
AF Newbie

Wow! what a kit! A question for you guys.How are you going to paint the seats?It would be great if we could toss around some ideas and find what works.Heres some nice ref pics to start and a pic of how I will build mine.
http://www.motorcars-intl.com/vehicl...-Enzo-for-sale

xerox3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #88
da_ashman
AF Enthusiast

Does the Monoque have a molded carbon fibre pattern in the surface or is it smooth? Like the 1/12 McLaren has.
I think I spent 15+ hrs applying, trimming, mirco sol-ing & heating to do my 1/24 FXX, cant imagine how long 1/12s gonna take!!!

It's Not wheather you Win or Lose, its how you look while you play the Game
da_ashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:36 AM   #89
roymattblack
AF Regular

The monocoque is smooth finished and the kit doesn't come with any CF decals or templates etc.
It's also very BIG, fiddly and detailed, so as yet I haven't a CLUE how I'm going to CF it!!!
Roy.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:44 AM   #90
viperofoz
AF Regular

I'm just putting an order together at the moment for detailing supplies for my Enzo.
I was thinking of using Tuner Model Manufactory (T2M) C/F decals..... firstly because they have a decent range of patterns and sizes, are well stocked at my online supplier of choice and lastly....
it's very well priced at $5.75 AU per sheet... bearing in mind that the difference in area between 1/24 and 1/12 isn't doubled... its quadrupled, so I will be needing quite a few sheets to do the Monocoque, seat backs inside body panels etc.

Has anyone actually used this stuff yet?.... what is it like? does it stick well, respond to micro sol well etc?
Please... if you have any experience with T2M CF at all, lut us know what you think.

As far as a PE set goes, I REALLY DON'T WANT TO and WON'T SPEND $100s on a museum quality bit of packaging with a multitude of turned parts etc.

All this kit needs in my opinion, is some well thought out "enhancements" for area's like brake hub detail, the softly molded switch detail on the steering wheel and dash, signature/number plaque on the console and a few bits around the engine bay.

I'll be adding some turned bolt/socket head details throughout and the afore mentioned CF decals but my budget wont stretch to any SMS "superkit".

One more thing the kit really needs though is an improved version of the vinyl shock absorber reservours.... The dont have to be fancy machined items, decent resin copies would suffice...... unless of course someone is going to offer an affordable damper upgrade kit with turned shock bodies too??.... But I wont be holding my breath after seeing the AcuStion 1/24 Enzo shock kit...lol

As far as the soft Vinyl molded seat faces go, I'm just going to try painting them with Tamiya acrylics and meybe try a dry brush and or wash to bring out the stitch detail...... this will probably be best done once they are attached to the rigid seat backs to lessen the chance of them flexing too much and having the paint flake off...... at least Tamiya has given us a spare pink set to practice these techniques on first though

Regards, Dan

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling