Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 12:57 AM   #1
billyld3
AF Newbie

trouble with a mounting insulator, please help

I have a 1987 300zx and there is a loud clunk every shift or bump. I traced the problem to a mounting insulator. It is located right in front of the rear tire. I was told that there is a way to switch it to polys but I cannot find the poly bushings or the directions to install. The dealer estimated a $475 labor fee and there is no way in hell I will pay that. Any input or direction would be greatly appriciated. thanks.
billyld3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:36 AM   #2
stprasinz
AF Newbie

Re: trouble with a mounting insulator, please help

I have an extra set...
You mean the rear sub frame where it mounts to the unit body in the front... Correct? I have a set for both sides.... Or is that the rear control arm you are refering to?I don't have an extra set for the control arms but I do for the sub frame.... I paid 45 I bought them when I bought a complete bushing kit thinking the kit didnt come with them... It did... I would sell for 35 plush shipping (I got free shipping they just stuffed them in the box they shipped the kit into... Is it turbo or not if not I also have sway bar bushings I'll throw in for free... extra shipping shouldn't cost anything to include them.....

either way just some thought food...
stprasinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 03:12 PM   #3
billyld3
AF Newbie

sounds good, do you know how hard they are to replace?
Old 09-26-2007, 08:20 PM   #4
stprasinz
AF Newbie

Depends how inclined you are...
1a. Just jack up rear of car b.support car unitbody on jack stand
2a. place jack under subframe(b. make snug to sub frame)
3loosen bolt (nut is inside under carpet on the ledge)
4. remove 2 other nuts on connector.
5. remove connector (brace bracket)
6. remove nut and or bolt from inside and or ouitside (a shaft nutted on both sides) (nut might come of inside or outside)
7. slowly release some pressure from jack
8. remove old insulator install new replace bolts tighten

do other side (yes one side of subframe at a time but have whole car on kack stand)

Make sure the jacks are properly supported
Old 09-27-2007, 02:18 PM   #5
billyld3
AF Newbie

how would you like payment? amount for shipping? any guarentee of items being sent? no offence. How long would it take after payment for the items to be sent?
Old 09-27-2007, 08:29 PM   #6
stprasinz
AF Newbie

Do you have an a-bay acount? I would be willing to list there so you can paypal (assuming you have a paypal account or access to one) But I don't know how else.. I not a scammer I'm offering you a deal, I'd be sceptical to though... As a matter of fact I almost bought quarters for my 280zx off a guy who emailed me asking me to call and that he would need a credit card number.. I called and was gonna chew him one about how it sounds fraudulent... But he was a nissan dealership parts manager.... ohhhh....
But I don't have any business or anything... But the best I could do is either ebay with a buy it now or other than that I don't know unless you want western union and yes I bet shipping would be under 8$... Just to let you know...

I don't know how to proceed other than that... let me know
email me if yopu want...
stprasinz@yahoo.com

Also e bay feedback 100% if that means a damn almost all purchases but anywhoo...

let me know how you would like to proceed

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)