Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 06:39 PM   #1
rockybb
AF Newbie

Red face 2004 Chevolet Pickup 1500

Speed hand reading varies to stuck on one speed, mileage reading okay.
Dealer want to change compltet assembly , part cost 329.00 plus labor.
This includes programming the mileage. Can anyone help with changing out the speed reading dial.
rockybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:13 PM   #2
MasterTech8
AF Newbie

Re: 2004 Chevolet Pickup 1500

what do you mean by changing out the speed reading dial??? you can't take off the needle and move it. you have to replace the instrument cluster.
MasterTech8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:22 AM   #3
knogoodidleft
AF Regular

Re: 2004 Chevolet Pickup 1500

heh, what hes trying to say is his cluster is bad, his speedo is stuck, same as mine... you can move the needle back to 0, and it will work for 1 acceleration... The cluster is simple to take out, unclip the dash then 4 bolts, then 1 wire harness, ive taken mine off 3-4 times trying new methonds to fix it, Sure as hell not gonna make it worse, as for reprogramming the milage, If it costs extra tell them to skip it and get a sticker to put in your door jam with milage when replaced. you can send it to this dude on ebay and he will fix it for $100, (its the step motors that are bad) or buy a aftermarket one for $150. I havent replaced mine, and its been ~15+k miles. Just use your tach for speed. And if a cop ever pulls you over and asks how fast you were going say, I dunno i think around 140? and point to your speedo. Thats what ima do with my next speeding violation, wont get me outta a ticket though.
knogoodidleft is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado