Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 04:52 PM   #16
JTrujillo86
AF Enthusiast

Re: Peice Of Junk Hondas

I like how we go from comparing my pushrod to a DOHC engine and you bring up some Ford...

I don't own a muscle car nor will do I own a Ford. But I'll bet you $$ that my American car can corner just as good as any comparable Honda or Toyota.

Jeremy
JTrujillo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 11:13 PM   #17
lazysmurff
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to lazysmurff
Re: Re: Peice Of Junk Hondas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSBoy346
Last time I checked, a pizza faced high-scool nerd could install a DC Sports header, fart can, and cold air intake with a wrench, among other things..
yup, and any pizza faced high school nerd can get a big block to run 10's

it take a lot more will, determination, skill, and ingenuity to get a 2 liter 4 banger to 10's

but what all the current honda hating seems like to me (this is like, one of 25 "i hate honda" threads in this forum) is a bunch of people who got stomped by some ricer at the local strip, and are still bitter about it. I've run as hard as i could, and still watched civics pull away from me. (i drive a 3rd gen prelude si) and so what if they were running turbos, thats all part of the game boys.

saying turbos and nitrous are "cheating" in the world of racing, is like saying the forward pass is cheating in football.
Old 05-03-2004, 10:48 PM   #18
byroncobray
AF Newbie

small block and big block

anyone can build small and big block, most guy build chevy cause they are cheap and easy to make it go fast. Don't take much brain to build chevy. Chevy guys are sort of slow in thinking and talk a lot about nothing, they all talk about how they can beat Dodge and Ford and they never talk about how they got beaten.
byroncobray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 01:52 AM   #19
DkShadow
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by error4o4
wow, you're bragging about buying a car with a PUSHROD v6? i'm sorry. arguing for displacement and pushrods is like arguing that stone and chisel is better than pen and paper. wtf?

while i'm on the topic of ancient technology, how about the new mustangs? solid rear axles? wow, sounds great. for the 1950's. when is detroit gonna figure things out?
Oh fucking great god.

The new mustang is going to have a solid axle. Great. Who gives a shit? The 99-04 Cobra have an IRS suspension but you dont even bother mentioning that. The 05 Mustang is going to have variable cam timing with a 3v SOHC engine. Yeah Ford doesnt know their shit!

Now with pushrods. Have you looked at the LS1/LS6 engine that GM has been making in the past couple of years? Theyre one of the best engines made! Theyre easy to modify and show great gains while maintaining an average of 20+mpg.

Yeah now come to think of it, Detroit is pretty slow with technology!
DkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 02:21 AM   #20
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
Okay, before I say this, I want to say I repsect all people who take pride in properly building cars. From a Honda (not a wing toting car with a different colored bumper from the rest of it) to the Hot-Rods, to the Trucks. Cars are a Hobby, and no matter what you build, it's really all about the love of automobiles. It's about taking something and making it your once, be it through customization or restoration.

That being said, I get sick of people thinking I am stupid just because I drive a Honda. I don't have a wing, and I never will. I don't pretend or even think I could be a Corvette, etc. I'm not stupid. I bought my car to go from point a to b, it kind of evolded into somthing more as things needed replacing, I wanted to learn about something, wanted to learn how to do it, etc. So I have done a lot of work on it at home in my garge, does that make me a "stupid kid" like was suggested? No, the stupid kid is the one who goes and pays someone to install what he could do himself if he just took the time and got some guts to tear into things. The stupid kid is the one who pays the body shop to install a body kit or fenders after they're painted, only to find they didn't take the time to fit it right, so the gaps are all wrong. The stupid kid is the one who pays someone to install an intake or lights when it's not more than a couple o bolt and nuts and maybe a little creativity. It just takes a little creativity and pateince to learn, but a lot of people are too impatient or unwilling to try. They'd rather pay someone, and who cars if it gets done wrong. They don't, because it's all cool anyway just because they have it. Well, I do care, and thats why and try and learn to do things myself.

I didn't wrap my seat with stupid seat covers like most "honda guys" you refer to. I wanted to actaully professionally reuphoster my seats, so they would look nice. So I did research, learned how it was done, and then called around to the local auto upholstery shops and asked about appernticships. I found a shop willing to train me, since I already knew some of the process. I then researched the various wholesalers in the area and bought the novasuede I'd need to do the job. I am currently being trained, and it's starting to look pretty good.

I get sick of people just seeing me drive a Honda and pigeon holing me. I am not a frickin ricers. Ricers is an attuitude, one which I don't have. I have no patence for cheap, shoddy, or cheesy work.

Maybe you ask then, "why did he buy a Honda?" I bought it 3-4 years ago as a car to go from point a-b...bought it used outright for a nice price. I'm a college student, I can't afford much, and being under 25 and male, I had to watch what I bought so I could afford insurence. Am I dumb just because I decided to change it up? Of course not, I fully understand why you think ALL hondas suck. A good majority of the kids driving Hondas don't care, and have that "hondas rule and kill all" fast and the furious attitude. It's quiet annoying too I might add.

However, don't go put us all in that catagory. Those people only do it because it's "cool." The people that do it for the love of cars, the real enthusiasts, don't desreave to be treated like crap by people, body shops, etc, just because we drive a Honda. I have to many times had a shop paint my car the wrong color after some jerk opened his door into it. "It's only a Honda" I'd hear. Well I don't give a rip what it is. It's my car, I like my custom color, and I want it painted right. I happen to know what I am looking at and doing, but again, they automatically assume I am a dumbass because I drive a Honda.

I won't get rid of my car just because people have a prejudice opinion of me due to what I drive. I just want you all to know, feel free to hate the idiots who ruin the cars by doing cheap, shoddy work. These people exist in all types of car circles, rods, muscle cars, imports etc. Don't hate on them because of WHAT they drive. Dislike that because of their attitude, because of HOW they do things. People like this do things cheap and cheesy, and desreave to be laughed at. Just realize not everyone is like that, even if a majority of the people who drive a certain car type are.
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 02:25 AM   #21
DkShadow
AF Enthusiast

Thats a pretty long post
DkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 02:40 AM   #22
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DkShadow
Thats a pretty long post
Yea, well, it gets under my skin when people think I'm dumb just because of the name on the badge of the car I drive. Besides, read any of my other posts, lol. They are usually as long as books.
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 11:58 AM   #23
street_racer04
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod&Custom
I despise of Hondas. I wish those stupid kids would just leave them as the econo cars they are. The wings and coffee cans just can't change it.
i agree with you so what kind of car do you drive it better not be a acura because there just as sorry as hondas.
street_racer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 06:24 PM   #24
Slick13
AF Regular

Ummmm

All i'm gonna say is.................

Civics = economy and saving pennies when in Britain.

V8s etc = Torquey and Speed. But good god do they cost a lot to keep runnig.

All good cars, each has their own little perks and misgivings, there is no need for the whole slanging match.

Straight line the muscle car all the way, normal twisty road civic takes it every time.

oh and eckoman, I am glad that someone that drives the car has just written what i was about to explain. I agree whole heartedly with you, its that attitude of the driver not the actual car that make us think this. Please don't dump a name on someones head just because they drive a certain car.
Slick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 07:46 PM   #25
EvoZero
AF Newbie

Oh, but c'mon, Slick. It's a lot easier to paint with broad prejudiced brush than it is to evaluate different cars based on their merits. Give ol' Rod&Custom a break.
Old 05-05-2004, 11:53 AM   #26
Slick13
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoZero
Oh, but c'mon, Slick. It's a lot easier to paint with broad prejudiced brush than it is to evaluate different cars based on their merits. Give ol' Rod&Custom a break.

may well be a lot easier but is also a lot more arrogant.

nothing wrong with either engine IMHO but then there will always be the die hard rod and custom fans. Its one of those never ending circles of debate.
Old 05-05-2004, 11:55 AM   #27
Slick13
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTrujillo86
I like how we go from comparing my pushrod to a DOHC engine and you bring up some Ford...

I don't own a muscle car nor will do I own a Ford. But I'll bet you $$ that my American car can corner just as good as any comparable Honda or Toyota.

Jeremy

Just outta interest what motor do you have??
Old 05-05-2004, 05:41 PM   #28
JTrujillo86
AF Enthusiast

I have a 2002 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 with a 3.4 V6 engine. It is, of course, a pushrod. It's awesome. I can pretty much do any maintenance on it because of the simple design and everything in the engine bay is extremely easy to get to. She also has great get up and go For anyone who thinks pushies are "inefficient" I have to disagree. I get V6 power and get 25 MPG in the city and 34 MPG on the highway. For a V6, that's pretty good.

Jeremy
Old 05-05-2004, 06:18 PM   #29
EvoZero
AF Newbie

You have an Alero? Do you wear a black armband?
Old 05-05-2004, 08:58 PM   #30
JTrujillo86
AF Enthusiast

What's that supposed to mean?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General