Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 07:03 PM   #1
'67'cuda
AF Regular

Cool suspension question

cool, suspension question ryhms oh well but the question is does anyone know where i can get a suspension rebuild kit? just so you know its a 67 A body mopar. and will a 318 intake manifold work on my 273? just wondering because i found a 318 six pack intake. well thanks for the help
Old 04-24-2007, 12:09 PM   #2
Fuson
AF Newbie

Re: suspension question

Quote:
Originally Posted by '67'cuda
cool, suspension question ryhms oh well but the question is does anyone know where i can get a suspension rebuild kit? just so you know its a 67 A body mopar. and will a 318 intake manifold work on my 273? just wondering because i found a 318 six pack intake. well thanks for the help
: Basically any intake that fits a 318 (LA engine) will also fit a 273. They will also fit 340s and 360s as well. But it is easier to find a "non-smog" intake for a 273 or 318 than a 360."
Old 04-24-2007, 12:32 PM   #3
MrPbody
AF -Advisor

Performance Suspension Technology (PST) has complete "kits", including your little Dodge. They have them ion original "rubber type" or poly-eurethane. If ride comfort and keeping all the bolts tight is more important than diving into a corner, stick with the rubber.

Not to rain on a parade, but if you found a "6-Pack" intake for a small block Dodge, it's for a 340. No other small Dodge came with it. It will "fit" the 273, but WAY TOO MUCH for it. I would recommend Edelbrock Performer Air Gap (NOT RPM) and a 600 Holley vacuum secondary, 4150 model. 273 is a little engine (albeit one of the better "little" ones), and MUST be tuned accordingly. Otherwise, it'll be a pig...

Jim
Old 04-25-2007, 10:32 PM   #4
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

I hate to kill the fun, folks, but the original post was almost 3 years old........by this time, he likely has already rebuilt the suspension on his '67 or he flew off the road into a ditch in, oh about 2005...........................

Thread closed.......

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical